Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

How to sell tires? AND Are these stock?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
How to sell tires? AND Are these stock?

First off, I have Bridgestone Dueler H/T 265/65/17 on my 09 TRD Sport...are these stock? If not, are they better than the Dunlop's that come stock? They seem very "streetish" and I'm not sure how well they'll do in the winter or on dirt roads - no moderate wheeling for me...just dirt roads.

I bought my truck new but it had some dealer miles on it. They may have replaced the stock Dunlop's to sell the truck with new tires. Or do some models come with these stock?

Secondly, how easy is it to sell a tire with 10K miles on it? What should you expect for such a tire ($$)?

What about rims...how much are people getting for stock TRD Sport (4x4) rims?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #3
If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front
imsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: VMFA-314 F/A-18 Fighter Jet Plane Captain and Mech.
Name: Randy
imsikotic's Tacoma Gallery
I had the Dueler's on my truck when I bought it. They come on the Sport model. They sucked for any kind of off-road activities. They were pretty comfortable on the street. You could probably get between 500-650 bucks. I just sold my wheels and tires for 650 they had alot more mileage than that. Good luck.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:55 PM   #4
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
^ those are awesome wheels you have!

I kept reading gripes about the stock Dunlops on our trucks and I couldn't understand why mine had Bridgestones. Thank you for clarifying that. I would be happy with $650 for my wheels and rims.

Having no idea how much rims or tires cost...what did you spend on new rims and tires?
Old 08-14-2009, 12:09 PM   #6
jdtoothnail is on a distinguished road

Navy: Civilian DoD: Research Chemist @ Naval Research Laboratory
Name: Joey
jdtoothnail's Tacoma Gallery
I found my 32" Tempra Trailcutter R/Ts (made by Cooper) at the Virginia Farm Bureau of all places in Richmond,VA. So I drove a little to get 'em, but they were super helpful and gave me the member price of $150/tire. I got four 16" Gear Alloy 712MB Injectors off eBay w/ Free Shipping for $550, which was a steal (the next lowest was $750 not including shipping). I had the Hobby Shop at Bolling AFB mount, balance & install them for $45 for all 4 (again, a steal) and computer alignment was $69. If you can get onto an AFB somehow, go there. Basically, tires, wheels, mounting/balancing, and alignment were all Tax Free. So it ended up being $1264 to have them on the truck ready to roll (I installed the lift myself).

I also have P265/65/70 Bridgestone Dueler H/Ts I would like to sell. The ASE Certified Tech at the Hobby Shop said I should keep my old tires/wheels, but I have a 1bed Condo and no storage space. Plus, I don't think I'd want to put those on during the winter since it's not that bad here in DC, plus have to pay for 2 more alignments every time I swapped 'em.

(1) If you guys sell your old tires/wheels, do you also throw in the spare?
(2) I went up to a 32" tire on 16"s instead of 30.5" on 17"s. Does it matter what spare you keep under the bed???

Here are 2 pics (I'll post the rest under a "For Sale" thread once I decide how much I'll try to sell them for):

Old 08-15-2009, 05:24 PM   #7
Those are not my pants
dw77x is on a distinguished road

dw77x's Tacoma Gallery
What I saw at the dealer when I bought mine. . .the sport SB had the bridgestones and the sport LB had the Dunflops, why. . .I don't know???

Just swapped them out for some General Grabber AT2's today and want to sell my Dunflops. . .also with 10k miles on them
Old 08-17-2009, 06:14 PM   #8
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
i had the dunlop grandtrek at 20 tires on mine. havent got rid of them though. are you upgrading tires/wheels? if so what to?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #9
O.F.
bb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: JFK Center, Fort Bragg, NC
bb609's Tacoma Gallery
I just sold my 4 Dunflops with 3,000 miles on them in about an hour on Craigslist for $350. Should have asked for more I guess...
Old 08-17-2009, 10:58 PM   #10
Those are not my pants
dw77x is on a distinguished road

dw77x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb609 View Post
I just sold my 4 Dunflops with 3,000 miles on them in about an hour on Craigslist for $350. Should have asked for more I guess...
Hmmmm, that's good to know I was going to ask $200