1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Type Of Tire?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by bp_phil16, Jul 8, 2009.

?

Wich tire do you prefer

Poll closed Aug 7, 2009.
  1. KM2 MT

20.0%
  2. Toyo Open Country MT

29.2%
  3. BFG TA

43.1%
  4. Open Country TA

4.6%
  5. Big O All Terrain

3.1%
  1. Jul 8, 2009 at 11:36 PM
    ROCKSLINGER

ROCKSLINGER Zombie Response Team

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Reno Nv
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DBL CAB 6 SPEED
    Fox Coilover with reservoir, Fox Remote Rear reservoir, Wheeler's 3 pack AAL, Grillcraft Grille color matched, Rampage 50" LED Light Bar, Relentless 1/4" IFS-Mid and Transfer case Skids, Relentless High Clearance Rear Bumper, Kenwood 1800 watt Amp, 12" Rockford Fosgate P3 Shallow Sub, 1 Farad Capacitor, Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech Floor Mats, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Flowmaster Delta 40, URD MAF Calibrator, URD Short Shifter, CST Black Leather W/Red Stich, On Board Air, Train Horns,
    [​IMG]

What about the duratrac? I have heard from a few people they are good tires and they dont look to bad. Anyone else hear anything good or bad about these?

2. Jul 9, 2009 at 2:36 AM
    DrRabbitFurHead

DrRabbitFurHead Yeah, there's a TSB for that!

Member:
    Salem, VA
    Vehicle:
    X-treme Off Road Edition (4x4)
    Icon Extended Travel Coil Overs, Fox Rear Resi 8-Way Adjustable Shocks, Light Racing UCA's, OME Rear Leafs, M/T Classic Locks 17x9, Nitto T/G (285/70/R17), 5mm Billet Aluminum Spacers, Demello Sliders, All Pro Front Plate Bumper & IFS Skid Plate, PIAA 510's, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, O2 sims, Rear Timbren's & U-Bolt Flip Kit , 3* Rear Axel Shims, Extended Rear Brake Lines, 48" Hi-Lift with a ton of accessories, Wet Okoles, TRD bed mat, Borla Air Filter, Garmin Nuvi 765T, Viper 5901 remote start, 50% tint.
    I respect oakley's opinion, and would live to hear WHY he didn't like them. I only have ~350 miles on my Nitto's and they are working very well for me but it's early for a strong recommendation. I've been through rain for 2 days and beautiful sunshine with no worries. I've hit up both pavement and gravel roads, but no trails due to rubbing issues and waiting for my new bumper to arrive from All Pro. The Nitto's do fling the snot out of rocks, but other than that I'm happy!
    I've driven over 400,000 miles in my lifetime and have found good tires and not so good tires. From Toyo to Michellin to Nitto to BFG's to Yokohama, etc... SUV's, Cars, Sports cars, trucks, etc... The Nitto's are proving to be a good A/T tire IMO thus far. YMMV... :cool:

3. Jul 9, 2009 at 3:02 AM
    imsikotic

imsikotic If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Temecula, Ca
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DesertRunner
    4" Camburg Race Spindles and Icon 2.5" ext travel Coilovers in the front for about 5"of lift and for the rear All-Pro 3" leaf pack and Fox 2.0 Resi's converted to piggyback and custom valved by DownSouth Motorsports. 17x9" KMC XD Addicts w/ 4.5 inch Backspacing and -12 Offset. Wrangler Duratracs 285/70/17. K&N CAI, Exhaust, Carriage Works Billet Grill, Custom Bed bar with ProComp fog lights,DirtKing Fabrication front bumper w/ 3 HID converted Hellas, Demello rear PreRunner bumper, Tinted windows, Full System w/ 2 10s, Garmin 265WT, ClearHLM. Theres more I just cant think of it right now.
    BFG KM2s.

4. Jul 9, 2009 at 8:13 AM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    no shit, every time it rains my tail just go, and all the screeching, worst tires i've had.... :mad:

5. Jul 9, 2009 at 8:21 AM
    TacoTycoon

TacoTycoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Hayes, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport 4WD Indigo Ink
    Bilstein 5100 Coilovers, Diff Drop Kit, TSB AAL, 285/70/17 BFG A/T Tires, 17X8 Helo HE835 Wheels, Rear Bilstein 5100s, Dual Flowmaster 50 series, TRD CAI, TRD Front Seat Covers, Rear Suspension TSB, 35% Tint, Redline Hood Struts, MagLite Mod
    well since you said you want to play in the sand, M/Ts are the worse for that because you let your tires spin once, and you dug a nice little hole for yourself. But if you are in the mud more often then it would be the more sensible choice.

Products Discussed in

To Top