Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

So many tires, so hard to choose. Weigh in on these pls?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2007, 05:50 PM   #21
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
ha ha thats funny I got that pic off a google image search...nation wide not sure...they are made by goodyear and kelly tires so not some off the wall tire... I bought mine at a place called bobs tire in berkley springs WV.... seen them sold as republic tire trail mark also

http://www.justtires.com/justtires/d...=&rimdiameter=
Old 12-18-2007, 04:43 AM   #22
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! I googled (well, yahooed) TrailMark APR and got one site in another state that didn't deliver! LOL! Thanks for the link.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:00 PM   #23
hans17 is on a distinguished road

hans17's Tacoma Gallery
max tire for 17" rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Jackson View Post
after the 3" lift, i would recomend running 32's or 33's, i'm running 33's. and i also am running coopers and love them.

as far as what size those are, i'm not 100% sure... but i think on 17 rim, 33's would be a 285/70 R 17...
for me it's 285/75 R16
well hi i'm hans and i have 17" original rims on my truck and my tires are 285/70-17 cooper stt , they are not expensive and they do not sing on the highway so any doubts le me knos just trying to help u
Old 12-20-2007, 06:23 AM   #25
argm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant future
argm31i's Tacoma Gallery
For what it's worth...had a set of Bridgestone Dueler AT's on another vehicle (which shall remain nameless...ha)...and they were great on road and off. I didn't do any crazy off-road stuff, but I hunt a lot and to get to some of our land, you have to go through some semi-hairy stuff, and I never got stuck...while my uncle's much larger vehicle with much pricier tires did...
Old 12-20-2007, 06:57 AM   #26
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
I can live with the price:

Firestone Destination AT
General Grabber AT2
Bridgestone Deuler AT RH/S
Personally, I went with the Firestone Destination AT in a 265/75/16 (note: I have 16" rims ). I only have the Suspension TSB that raised the back end up 1 inch and the front 1/2 inch. I have had these on my Suburban and now my Tacoma, and they are incredible. I haven't taken the Tacoma through snow yet, but the 2WD Suburban did extremely well in the snow with those tires. They are quiet and an excellent balance of offroad capability and onroad comfort and reliability.

The General Grabber AT2 is an awesome tire. I had these on my Suburban once. They weren't the best in snow, but they held their own everywhere else.

Bridgestone tires are made with the same technology as the Firestones. Other than that, I can't comment on this tire (I mostly bought Blizzaks from Bridgestone).

Quote:
Moving into the top of my price comfort zone:

Bridgestone AT Revo
These things look awesome, but I have never had them (mostly because of the price.

Quote:
What the hell, let's mortgage the house:

BF TA KO
I had these on my ex's 01 Nissan Xterra. They were incredible offroad, but horribly noisy on the road, and they raped my gas mileage (18 down to 15). Best thing about them - they looked awesome.

Quote:
Have no real pricing info or reviews on these last (couldn't find any):

Cooper Discoverer STT or Radial LT
Cooper has always made a good tire. I had something similar to these (by Cooper) on my 74' Scout, and they were decent in everything but the snow.

May I also suggest looking at the Michellin LTX M/S and the Yokohama Geolander A/Ts. Both very good tires, but a bit pricey. The Michellin's are excellent in the snow, but I didn't get very much over 25,000 miles out of them (drove them mostly up and down Boulder Canyon in Colorado).

The Yoko's are a harder rubber, and not the best in the snow. They are still an excellent tire. My wife's RAV4 has a version of these now, but she is going to get the Michellin's next year.

Here are some pics of my truck with the new 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T's...

Cheers! and good luck!
Old 12-20-2007, 09:38 AM   #27
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! Thank you 007! All of this is really helpful. I do have to worry about how tires will work in snow, so this gives me alot to think about.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:56 AM   #28
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Wow! Thank you 007! All of this is really helpful. I do have to worry about how tires will work in snow, so this gives me alot to think about.
My best suggestions then:

All Terrain:

Firestone Destination A/T
Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor (Hear-say from friends)
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo (Hear-say from friends)

Mud/Snow:

Bridgestone Blizzaks
Michellin LTX M/S

Cheers!
Old 12-20-2007, 03:55 PM   #29

hans17's Tacoma Gallery
photos pronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Jackson View Post
hans, throw up some pics of ur ride
i will be showing photos of my truck pronto , u guy's will see , pay attention for next week . thxs
Old 12-20-2007, 07:34 PM   #30
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

trail marks

here is taco zuki as it sits now... 3" suspension (ez-lift) 3" summit body lift 35x12.5x15 trail mark APR on 15x8.5 american racing AR-23

Attached Thumbnails
So many tires, so hard to choose.  Weigh in on these pls?-copy-hpim0386.jpg  
Old 12-20-2007, 07:35 PM   #31

if any of you guys could post a larger pic for me I'll email you one lol
Old 12-20-2007, 09:24 PM   #32
Stealer of Souls

Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks again everybody! The pics help alot.

Tacozilla--even on the small pic, I can see the tires look good!

Hans--looking forward to seeing pics--no trouble with tires that big on the stock rims? Rubbing?

007--the Firestones look good too!

Woohoo! 3" Lift gets installed tomorrow!!!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 02:09 AM   #33

hans17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks again everybody! The pics help alot.

Tacozilla--even on the small pic, I can see the tires look good!

Hans--looking forward to seeing pics--no trouble with tires that big on the stock rims? Rubbing?

007--the Firestones look good too!

Woohoo! 3" Lift gets installed tomorrow!!!!!
well no just a little rubbing on the forward plastic thats about it . everything just went as planned , the ez-lift fit perfectly without any problems just a walk in the park kesinsky, piece of cake . pronto photos
Old 12-21-2007, 04:57 AM   #34
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TacoZilla View Post
if any of you guys could post a larger pic for me I'll email you one lol
email it to me at 007Tacoma@tacomaworld.com, and I will get it put up for you tonight when I get home.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:25 AM   #35

hans17's Tacoma Gallery
cooper stt

Quote:
I'm not sure if this will help or make me more frustrated, but since I'm frustrated already, I don't suppose it will hurt. I know what I want in a tire, I know what I like in a tire, I've read reviews on all of these or they wouldn't have made the list. What I'm looking for are opinions on these from y'all. Which tire would you choose and why? Here's some background:

They need to perform well in snow and rain, this is my daily driver with some off-road adventures, but not as many recently....sigh. I'm not buying these right away (Hubby gets the next mod), so I can save up if something more pricey wins, but I'd really rather go with something not crazy (or at least "not crazy" in my world!) Oh, and I would really like some road song...I really miss that..... Here's four divisions by price.

I can live with the price:

Firestone Destination AT
General Grabber AT2
Bridgestone Deuler AT RH/S

Moving into the top of my price comfort zone:

Bridgestone AT Revo

What the hell, let's mortgage the house:

BF TA KO

Have no real pricing info or reviews on these last (couldn't find any):

Cooper Discoverer STT or Radial LT

And this is the SHORT list. If anyone is still awake after this book, tell me what you think please! Thank you!
well all i can say is that i have the cooper's and they work ok for me but were i live there is no snow it's always shinny so , and by the way you made some awesome experiment with that thing of the eco system , you should be working for nasa dude , also i will take this oportunity to tell you and your friend i think it maverick that you guy are great you made me laugh like hell
Old 12-21-2007, 05:27 AM   #36

hans17's Tacoma Gallery
double filter

does the tacoma 4.0 have a double filter as well as the 2.7 ? sorry dont want to change the subject. and do you have the web. of eco-system so i can order one? thxs.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:04 AM   #37
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans17 View Post
well all i can say is that i have the cooper's and they work ok for me but were i live there is no snow it's always shinny so , and by the way you made some awesome experiment with that thing of the eco system , you should be working for nasa dude , also i will take this oportunity to tell you and your friend i think it maverick that you guy are great you made me laugh like hell
I am guessing that the second half of that was directed at me... Thanks.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:12 AM   #38

hans17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yes half for you a the other for your body, any reply's for the secound filter in a 4.0 litter
Old 12-21-2007, 08:39 PM   #39

ok so 007 wheres the pic LOL
Old 12-21-2007, 08:55 PM   #40
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yes half for you a the other for your body, any reply's for the secound filter in a 4.0 litter
yes the 4.0 has a secondary filter. if u read into this post, there's numberous descriptions on how to remove it from the 4.0...secondary filter removal