Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

TPMS dumbass sensors

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2008, 02:12 PM   #41
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
That kind of system would be nice! I've walked around the truck manually checking the pressure only to find out the 4th on is 20PSI lower that the rest, but looks damn near the same. I leave the spare for last so I don't have to mess with dropping it if the problem is one of the others. lol Would save some time if I knew right away it was the left-rear, or spare for example. Not to mention, you could see all pressures on-the-fly to make sure they are the same for better mpg and handling.
You could buy a stand-alone system like this and mount it in your Tacoma... The problem is that they are in the $500-$1000 price range depending on the number of tires you want to monitor. For that kind of cash I'll walk around the truck with a tire gauge. LOL.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:56 PM   #42
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick491 View Post
You could buy a stand-alone system like this and mount it in your Tacoma... The problem is that they are in the $500-$1000 price range depending on the number of tires you want to monitor. For that kind of cash I'll walk around the truck with a tire gauge. LOL.
Yeah, me too.... But since Toyota insists on monitor tire pressure why do it half-way?

Although thinking about it more, it would probably be a pain in the ass for the average Joe to maintain, and lead to more problems at non-dealer tire shops.