1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

new wheels and tires assistance

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by flyfishma, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Jul 24, 2009 at 1:54 PM
    flyfishma

flyfishma [OP] Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5 Double Cab Long Bed
    I plan on replacing the tires on my truck soon and am thinking about upgrading the wheels as well. I have a '07 SR5 double cab with the stock 16" steel wheels. I would like to upgrade to alloys a little nicer, but would like to keep the price as low as possible as well. I found what I believe to be the stock alloys on the TRD package for $134. http://www.getallparts.com/w_select...AR=2007&_MAKE=TOYOTA&_MODEL=TACOMA PICKUP 4WD. Is this a good price? I see these wheels in a lot of pictures here on the site, so I am assuming that overall people are pretty happy with them, but I am open to other suggestions as well. Does anyone have any additional suggestions in this price range?

I need new tires as well and would like to go with 265/75/16 as opposed to the 245/75/16s on the truck now. From what I have read on this forum, this is not an issue. Correct? I really like the look of the BFG All-Terrains and want something that looks a little beefy. That being said, I don't do any off-roading in the strict sense of the word, but do find myself off the beaten path when hunting & fishing. Again, price is an issue and the BFGs are pretty pricey. Does anyone have suggestions on a similar tire that may be cheaper? I still want a quality tire though.

Thanks in advance.

2. Jul 24, 2009 at 4:40 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    as for tires bfg's are good, nitto terra grapplers are a little less and still have good tread. If you have a 4wheelparts close to you go in the store and ask for a deal, the wheels i bought were 160 a wheel and i asked if they could give me a deal and they sold them to me for 110 each, total mounted and balanced 17" otd was 1350. I don't know if you want to spend less but that is what i paid, you can also look into procomp tires, one or two of the model have a 40,000 mile warranty.

Products Discussed in

To Top