Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Kumho Road Venture AT KL78?

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
devilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nice

Army: 82D Airborne Div., Infantry Mortar Man, Paratrooper!
Name: Carl
devilsalmostfree's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to devilsalmostfree
Kumho Road Venture AT KL78?

im looking at getting some new tires for the winter. we dont really have too much snow where i live, but i still would like a decent tire for good traction in snow, just in case! im looking at these tires, they r a decent price, i read a few reviews on them, & the people seem to like the tires pretty well! im interested to see if any of u have had these tires & what kinda reviews ya'll have on them! thanks for ur info in advance! heres a link for the tires, http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....enture+AT+KL78.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
I looked for these when I replaced the Bridge's BUT could not find them locally 6 months ago....they had to be ordered BUT now they are stocked by the TOYOTA dealer and 2 of the local tire stores...That in itself speaks volumes...

I do like my Geo Tracs BUT they were not my 1st choice..

Snoope
Old 07-25-2009, 03:56 PM   #3
devilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nice

Army: 82D Airborne Div., Infantry Mortar Man, Paratrooper!
Name: Carl
devilsalmostfree's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to devilsalmostfree
awesome snoopethanks for the info, its looking like im going to be going with these tires! ive been looking at tires, online & just went to wal-mart to see what they had, looks like the tire companies r trying to do away with 15" wheels. 3/4 of the tires at wal-mart were for 16" wheels or bigger.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:25 AM   #4
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else running these tires? Discount Tire has them pretty damn cheap $110 a tire. Its either these Kumho's or I am getting Firestone Destination AT's. Anyone.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:53 AM   #5
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
When I had the Kumho's they rode fine and didn't ever lose traction when I went up to the mountains to snowboard. However, I wouldn't recommend them because I had to replace them between 20-25K miles. They just wore too fast
Old 09-15-2009, 08:21 AM   #6
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnv View Post
Get the Firestones AT I got them a good all round tire and you can negotiate a good price on them the Firestone stigma of popping tires still lives on so they arent the first choice of many,try the Destination LEs if your looking a little more for street use. But my ATs are well mannered and very quite on the pavement and have fantastic wear its rated 50K but they should go 55-60K the way they look. These tires definetly wont go pop but the cheapo Chink tires probably will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlkT View Post
When I had the Kumho's they rode fine and didn't ever lose traction when I went up to the mountains to snowboard. However, I wouldn't recommend them because I had to replace them between 20-25K miles. They just wore too fast
Thanks for the input guys, looks like I will spend a few extra bucks and get the Firestone's.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:24 AM   #7
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
The firestone ATs are junk after about 10K miles
Old 09-15-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnv View Post
Whatttt! My junk got 47K miles and are still kickin ass what tires you rollin dgerm? Dont tell me CumHos the tire of champions
nope, my buddy got them on his 98 and after 10K miles (mostly street) they were worn unevenly and just poop.

Seeing your situation i am willing to concede his situation was a fluke
Old 11-20-2009, 12:58 PM   #9
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
anyone have pictures of these kl78? on their truck

Products Discussed in this Thread