1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Searching for rims need advise.

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Subydude, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Jul 27, 2009 at 6:46 AM
    Subydude

Subydude [OP] New Member

Member:
    Story: My good friend owns a tacoma and needs my help finding rims. Im at work right now and do not have all the specs of his truck, but I do know it is newer then a 2005 and its two door. Since I dont own a tacoma I figured the forums would be the best place to ask.

So he plans on getting a 3" lift and his truck is blue. We both agree black rims would look the best. I did some research and I already fell in love with the Volk TE37's 16", but those are on the expensive side being $640 per rim. Just to give you an idea of the look im going for here is a picture. Anyone know where I should be looking for rims such as these. Any special websites you guys/ladies use?

Help a Subaru owner out here:D

Tim

[​IMG]

2. Jul 27, 2009 at 7:41 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Photo doesn't seem to be working...Painting his stock rims and putting some larger tires on them is the cheapest option.
    Other wise- start looking around at whatever websites you can find. MrWheelDeal.com might be able to help you too.

Welcome to the board!

3. Jul 27, 2009 at 7:47 AM
    Padilla1880

Padilla1880 "Let's Ride!"

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OffRoad V6 SR5 PreRunner
    Procomp, American Racing ATX Series, or KMC XD Series all make a nice black wheels. Prices are all pretty reasonable for someone who may be on a budget. 4.5 backspace and i would suggest getting a hub centric wheel vs a lug centric wheel.

Oh yea welcome to TW!

4. Jul 27, 2009 at 7:54 AM
    Subydude

Subydude [OP] New Member

Member:
  5. Jul 27, 2009 at 8:08 AM
    Padilla1880

Padilla1880 "Let's Ride!"

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD OffRoad V6 SR5 PreRunner
    What more advise are you looking for? The more questions you ask the more answers you will get. Use the search function on the forum to find out more specific things concerning lifts, uca's, tires, etc... Hope that helps. Oh yea PM'ing helps too. If you like what someone has just drop them a PM. Im sure he/she will be willing to answer whatever question you have.

Products Discussed in

To Top