1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear Left Toe Allignment Issue - 2007

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Oscar, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Jul 27, 2009 at 8:07 PM
    Oscar

Oscar [OP] Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    07 Base Model
    Recently bought a used 07 with some left-side body work after acident. Mechanic can't get rear left toe in alignment (currently reads -1.25). His advise is to watch the wear on the tire and that we might have to replace the "axle tube." Anyone been there? Advise on what I should check? I hear a small roar from back left, but my mechanic says it is not the bearings.

Thanks, Oscar

2. Jul 27, 2009 at 8:16 PM
    jeremiekc

jeremiekc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab Base Model
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges
    Depending on the extent of the damage you need to check the spring mounts, either the front one or the back. You could have a bent axle tube but again it depends on the extent of the damage. Axle tubes are not eaisly bent, check your U joint for wear if you are worried about the axle tube, You could probably take it to a body shop that has a computerized frame jig and make sure that the spring mounts are all aligned.

3. Jul 27, 2009 at 8:18 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    i think you bought yourself something your going to be putting money into. Did you buy it privately or from a dealer?

negative rear toe isnt good at all. your "dragging" that tire down the road. if you took the bed off and looked at the tire it would be like this / ..maybe not that drastic, but you get the idea.

Products Discussed in

To Top