Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar tire

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
Eesh is on a distinguished road
Eesh's Tacoma Gallery
Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar tire

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with these tires?? They look pretty cool. I'm looking at the because they are a 275/70/17 tire. I wonder how they preform in snow and on ice in the winter??
Old 07-28-2009, 11:12 PM   #2
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
no i havent heard anything but its nice to see some more saskatchewan representation i'm from saskatoon
Old 08-04-2014, 02:21 PM   #3
D.ont I.nsult C.razy K.illers
KevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Kev
KevbekTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
bringing back a VERY old thread...dont wanna waste the bandwidth.

Does anyone know what load range is available for these tires...and which is best?
they will be 285/75/16
Old 08-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #4
tam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shedtam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tam
tam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevbekTacoma View Post
bringing back a VERY old thread...dont wanna waste the bandwidth.

Does anyone know what load range is available for these tires...and which is best?
they will be 285/75/16
Load "E" 3,750 lbs

http://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/wrangler-mtr-kevlar

Last link under features/warranty.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:13 PM   #5
D.ont I.nsult C.razy K.illers
KevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud ofKevbekTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Kev
KevbekTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i found only load E as well.
Ive heard load E is too hard though, and is very bad on mileage. Any one else have input?
Old 08-04-2014, 03:15 PM   #6
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ive heard load E is too hard though, and is very bad on mileage. Any one else have input?
I have the 275s and like them. Theay are a fairly stiff tire but aren't bricks. Make a little noise on the road but not too bad. So far so good for me in the 500 miles I've put on them.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:23 PM   #7
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'd take a load E over anything else. I wheel my truck pretty hard as well. I'm running these in 35x12.5 and the wear is terrible & noise is horrid. Not sure how they perform offroad yet, if I remember I will chime back in here.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:10 PM   #8
GTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTABurnout is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTABurnout's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of 285/75/R16's on my 07. They look amazing. They are loud, they chunk over time, they wear poorly and since I am mainly on road I hate them. The wear issues are so bad I have to rotate them every 1000 miles or they develop a feathering that causies them to shake. Truck has been aligned over and over again trying to correct this. I have given up and determined its the tires.

These are coming off soon and AT's are going on.