1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

16" Rims Posing Trouble

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by dysfunctnlretard, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Aug 2, 2009 at 12:36 PM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    I've been in the market for some 16" wheels. I had my heart set on some Enduros untill I discovered that, in order to fit, brake calipers had to be grinded down a bit. Is this the case with all 16" rims? What measurements should I be searching for in order to properly run 285's with a 2.5" lift (trimmed wheel well)?

2. Aug 2, 2009 at 12:45 PM
    jimcasy

jimcasy Active Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2005 Regular Cab Prerunner
    more than likely you will not have to do any grinding of the bc's to get a 16" to fit. Grinding 'em down isn't a great option either. I ran into this supposed dilemma a month but had no problems fitting a set of 16" american racing bajas on my '05. So long as the backspacing and offset are correct, 16's should fit just fine. Just make sure to doublecheck with the tireshop, etc. . . .

3. Aug 2, 2009 at 12:48 PM
    jimcasy

jimcasy Active Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2005 Regular Cab Prerunner
    btw you want a 4.5 backspacing. Offset may vary from truck to truck but that shouldn't be a problem either. Places like 4wheelparts are often full of it when it comes to fit, at least, in my experience . . . they said there's not way a 16 would fit and were completely wrong . . . there are lot of fellas here running 16's on their rigs . . . hope this helps .. .

Products Discussed in

To Top