Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

I need to find the correct offset...

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I need to find the correct offset...

Hey everyone! I bought some wheels of craigslist for 100 bucks for my Tacoma. I bolted them up and the back of the wheels are hitting on the brake calipers on the front wheels which im assuming this is an offset problem? It was the black rims with the pinstripes around the outside.... I wanna find some black wheels that are cheap or if anything eles id like to atleast find out what offset I need or whatever issue needs to be resolved about not rubbing on the brake. My truck is a 1999 Toyota Tacoma 6 lug 4x4 extended cab and I belive its a 3 inch lift maybe 2 inch but right now I am running 15x10 wheels with 32's and the clearance is fine. Thanks
Old 08-06-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
How much of the rim is hitting? Can you get wheel spacers?
Old 08-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #3
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well the inner part of the wheel is hitting on the little lip you know the little buldge that comes off the brake cal... And even with wheel spacers Im still not sure if my tires will fit ok with this offset as its very narrow depth and the wheels I have now have a really deep offset. I guess Im just lost because I want to get some black wheels Im just concerned on spending 200 plus and having them rub like these... How much are wheel spacers? And are they safe for offroad and street use? I had considered that but at the same time I just want to get the correct wheel
Old 08-06-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html#backspace

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/wiki/..._Wheel_Fitment

Here is some info to help you determine what you need. I believe you need a backspacing of at least 3.75". And wheelspacers are fine if they will help you.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:08 AM   #5
Whyareyoureadingthis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html#backspace

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/wiki/..._Wheel_Fitment

Here is some info to help you determine what you need. I believe you need a backspacing of at least 3.75". And wheelspacers are fine if they will help you.
Alright thankyou for the help! Im gona figure out what my current wheels offset is and then go from there... And if I do decide to get new wheels aslong as I order them with a 3.75 offset I will pass the brake?
Old 08-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #6

Marines:
Dude I can't give you that answer and feel confident about it. I am not sure and don't want to give you bad advice. If I were you (unless someone else chimes in) i would calculate the backspace using one of the link's information and go from there.