Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

New tires - Cooper STT 265/75/16

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2009, 07:42 PM   #1
shootermcgavinyo is on a distinguished road
shootermcgavinyo's Tacoma Gallery
New tires - Cooper STT 265/75/16

I finally got rid of my Rugged Trails after about 22,000 miles and picked up some Cooper STT's in 265/75/16. I can't wait to take these through some mud. I was trying not to let the mod bug get me with this truck, but it looks like it did. Next up is a 3" OME lift.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #2
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice. How are they on the pavement?
Old 08-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #3
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
nice tires! always heard good things about cooper tires in general
Old 08-10-2009, 07:51 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
Very nice. How are they on the pavement?
Not too bad. They're noticeably louder than the Rugged Trails were and you can definitely tell there's a bigger tire under you when you turn. It's the first MT tire I've had and since my last vehicle was a lowered Audi A3 setup for Autox, I don't really know what to expect. I do know that the Rugged Trails sucked going through the mud in the woods getting to our motox trails.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #5
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
fghtngsquirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fghtngsquirrel
Awesome, I love these tires!
Old 08-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #6
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet man. Looks beefy.
With 22000 on your rugged trails, was it completely bald?
Old 08-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbolt View Post
Sweet man. Looks beefy.
With 22000 on your rugged trails, was it completely bald?
No, I should have measured them, I'd say there was about 30% left. I knew I'd have to do something before this winter, but I found a nail in one of them this weekend so I decided now was the time to replace them.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:00 PM   #8
do w3rk!
deadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadbolt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

deadbolt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootermcgavinyo View Post
No, I should have measured them, I'd say there was about 30% left. I knew I'd have to do something before this winter, but I found a nail in one of them this weekend so I decided now was the time to replace them.
cool cool. im waiting for mine to go out to buy some mud terrains also. only got like 12,500 on mine.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #9
Took these through some mud yesterday... Not too shabby.

These things are quiet on the road. I think they get better dry and wet traction on the road than the Rugged Trails did.

Old 08-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #10
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
look nice, any rubbing with the larger diameter on stock rims?
Old 08-16-2009, 05:52 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttylerr View Post
look nice, any rubbing with the larger diameter on stock rims?
Nope
Old 01-23-2010, 11:18 AM   #12
TacomaDaKine07 is on a distinguished road
Name: JayJay
TacomaDaKine07's Tacoma Gallery
Nice i just got some same wheels and rims and now i have put the OEM 3"3 lift from toytec
Old 06-12-2010, 10:47 PM   #13
RockyTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Dojo
RockyTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i just got my cooper stt mounted on my 02 TRD 265/70/16. i stayed with stock size. i was happy replace BFG rugged crappers!..i got coopers for $450 used. tires about 6 months old. had them mounted and balanced at sears for $79..it hums on highway but not bad, its much tougher tire than others i had. im looking forward to mudding.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #14
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
I've got those too, black out, very happy.

Rocky, I see you went ahead with the used ones. Working out well?
Old 06-13-2010, 06:20 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
I've got those too, black out, very happy.

Rocky, I see you went ahead with the used ones. Working out well?
....so far its good. great traction. i think MPG took a little hit, but its a great tire, so im happy with it.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:51 AM   #16
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!
I've got the same tires! I love them, I hope you do too. I made a 500 mile round trip on them and they worked great.
I have the blackwall out and 285s.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:54 AM   #17
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-13-2010, 08:12 AM   #18
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
I am stuck between choosing these tires and the Goodyear Duratracs....

Are the STT's considered a mud terrain? I have the BFG Muds now but don't really want to go back to a mud terrain tire...
Old 06-15-2010, 07:10 AM   #19

i love my cooper stt. for $450 used. they are almost new tires. i got stock size of 265/70/16, but i think my gas mileage is down a bit. and my truck drive kinda heavy. but i like the looks and traction is awsome..
Old 06-15-2010, 07:15 AM   #20
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetacos View Post
I am stuck between choosing these tires and the Goodyear Duratracs....

Are the STT's considered a mud terrain? I have the BFG Muds now but don't really want to go back to a mud terrain tire...

Yep. Mud Terrain. These tires do throw up a lot of road grime for me but
it's worth it.