Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

BFG TA KO or GoodYear Wranger Duratrac

View Poll Results: Which tire?
BFG TA KO 778 46.70%
Good Year Wrangler Duratrac 659 39.56%
Other:Specify 114 6.84%
By voting for this option I certify that I'm 100% douchebag blueberry surpise 200 12.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1666. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-04-2010, 12:55 PM   #221
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Duratracs ftmfw!
Old 05-04-2010, 12:58 PM   #222
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
I just had my DuraTracs put on yesterday and they look bad ass and ride smoothe!
Old 05-06-2010, 08:48 PM   #223
Once a gorilla always a gorilla
Gorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGorilla_97 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Thomas
Gorilla_97's Tacoma Gallery
Just got my Duratracs installed today. Look great and minimal road noise so far. Haven't put more than 5 miles on them yet, so we'll have to see how the handle over the next few weeks.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:51 PM   #224
Oh 'eah
crazybayman is on a distinguished road

crazybayman's Tacoma Gallery
So between BFG TA/KO (10 ply) or Duratrac (6 ply):

Which is quieter on pavement?
Which is better in water (on pavement)?
Which is a smoother ride on pavement?
Old 05-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #225
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Is anyone with Duratracs "wobbling" at speed around 60-70 mph because I am? I don't mean wandering. I mean the steering wheel shakes. I've had mine on for less than a week. I had an alignment and mounting/balancing at the same time. Should I go to a place to get mine re-balanced?
Old 05-10-2010, 01:54 AM   #226
Barney28 is on a distinguished road
Barney28's Tacoma Gallery
Absolutly love my duratracs!! Have about 1500 miles on them and it seems
to have no tred wear at all. There quiet on the road, a lil around highway speeds but not bad at all, just enough to let u know they ain't stock... Also they handle suprizingly well at very high speeds, even around 110 mph.... As for offroad I think there fantastic!!! They act just like a mud terrain in rough conditions but handle much better on the pavement.. Overall I am very pleased with these tires and can't to wait to see how many miles out of them. Cause I'll definatly get them again and again and again!!! DURATRACS!!!!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:59 AM   #227
Barney28 is on a distinguished road
Barney28's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and 285/75/16. 10 ply
Old 05-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #229
blacktacoma33 is on a distinguished road
Name: Landon
blacktacoma33's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Toyo Mud-Terrains and I want to make love to them every time I look at my truck. They aren't loud on the highway either. Definitely on the pricey side though.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:36 PM   #230
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktacoma33 View Post
I have the Toyo Mud-Terrains and I want to make love to them every time I look at my truck. They aren't loud on the highway either. Definitely on the pricey side though.
same with my new nitto trail grapplers, deff impressed. they perform the same as my mud grapplers in my opinion and are way quieter and ride better
Old 05-10-2010, 03:22 PM   #231
tacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: scott
tacoman101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim920 View Post
Is anyone with Duratracs "wobbling" at speed around 60-70 mph because I am? I don't mean wandering. I mean the steering wheel shakes. I've had mine on for less than a week. I had an alignment and mounting/balancing at the same time. Should I go to a place to get mine re-balanced?
Yea get them re-balanced. When you feel a wobble in the steering wheel it means the front tires are a little out of balance, whereas if you feel the wobble in your ass, the rear wheels are usually out of balance.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:54 PM   #233
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
Just got 5 BFGs from discount wheel wharehouse w/shipping for 900
Old 05-14-2010, 07:58 PM   #234
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoman101 View Post
Yea get them re-balanced. When you feel a wobble in the steering wheel it means the front tires are a little out of balance, whereas if you feel the wobble in your ass, the rear wheels are usually out of balance.
Well....I got them re-balanced and they said it was a little off. After the re-balancing nothing really changed. My next guess is after maybe it's my aftermarket wheels. They came with hub centric rings with an outer diameter of 106.2 and 78 inner diameter. 2nd gen. 6-lugger hub bore is 106. I'm assuming the wheels are being held together by the lugs.

Any other ideas?
Old 05-17-2010, 06:09 PM   #235
Ends is on a distinguished road
Ends's Tacoma Gallery
Well, after 10 000 km, im taking my duratracs off. this is what i think of the tires.

The good:
really amazing grip. From a Canadian winter to rain and mud, these tires are great.
Hold there own on the lose stuff, gravel/stones...the typical work site.
Look great on the truck.

The bad:
A little heavy for the 4banngers, as i noticed a small lag with the tires.
THE HWY wobble. horrible. I have had these things re-balanced a hand-full of times, just to experience a shitty ride on the hwy. around 60-70, its just not fun to drive and is the main reason why im getting rid of them. I do too many hwy miles in the summer, but i might still keep them for winter because i did love how they griped
Old 05-17-2010, 10:05 PM   #236
Eesh is on a distinguished road
Eesh's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation

aren't 285-70/17 Duratracs 8 ply
Old 05-18-2010, 04:31 AM   #237
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ends View Post
Well, after 10 000 km, im taking my duratracs off. this is what i think of the tires.

The good:
really amazing grip. From a Canadian winter to rain and mud, these tires are great.
Hold there own on the lose stuff, gravel/stones...the typical work site.
Look great on the truck.

The bad:
A little heavy for the 4banngers, as i noticed a small lag with the tires.
THE HWY wobble. horrible. I have had these things re-balanced a hand-full of times, just to experience a shitty ride on the hwy. around 60-70, its just not fun to drive and is the main reason why im getting rid of them. I do too many hwy miles in the summer, but i might still keep them for winter because i did love how they griped
It's strange only a few Taco owners complain about highway wobble, but it makes me wonder if I want to buy these. What size & load range do you have & what PSI do you run?
Old 05-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #238
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattN03 View Post
It's strange only a few Taco owners complain about highway wobble, but it makes me wonder if I want to buy these. What size & load range do you have & what PSI do you run?
Old 05-23-2010, 12:21 PM   #239
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Still a new tire. Might be working some of the kinks out of them. These aren't the BFG A/T that have been around for 30+ years.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #240
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
no wobble here. 265-75-16 "C"

i just put my BFG KMs back on and WOW...LOL the goodyears are much, much quieter. i hadn't had the BFGs on since last fall and was slightly shocked with the road noise. not that it bothers me though...i love my KMs!

i'm still pissed at BFG for redesigning them. this set is my third...and final...dangit. can't say enough good about them.

Products Discussed in this Thread