1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

BFG TA KO or GoodYear Wranger Duratrac

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Krazie Sj, Aug 25, 2009.

?

Which tire?

1. BFG TA KO

45.9%
  2. Good Year Wrangler Duratrac

40.5%
  3. Other:Specify

6.7%
  4. By voting for this option I certify that I'm 100% douchebag blueberry surpise

11.8%
  1. Jul 29, 2012 at 5:37 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    duratracs are excellent tires some of the best tires currently being made imo.

2. Jul 30, 2012 at 12:42 PM
    NYCO

NYCO go explore...

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
    besides their sidewalls

3. Aug 16, 2012 at 10:00 PM
    Twistedfreedom

Twistedfreedom welcome to the incredibuild

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    in progress
    modded the F*ck out
    I've had no issues.

4. Aug 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM
    BurqueTaco

BurqueTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    04 trd tacoma 4x4
    Custom pinstriping, pleasure hole, Fox 2.0 rear, Fox 2.0 coilovers.
    I'm on Hankook Dynapro ATMs and i have to say i have no complaints. I had BFG AT's on my old 4runner and they were good but not signifigantly better in but or on rock. Havent had a chance to try the dynapro's on snow and ice yet but i'd imagine they will do well. The price was the deciding factor for me btw.

5. Aug 23, 2012 at 11:18 AM
    veet skeet

veet skeet Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    14 4Runner Trail Edition MGM
    Bilstein 5100s, 17' Method NV Race Wheels, Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17, Demello Sliders, Xenon/LEDs All Around, Dark Window Tint, Gobi Roof Rack (In the Mail), JL Audio Subs, Alpine Speakers and Amps
    Just got my duratracs yesterday, and I love em! Not too noisy on the road at all surprisingly. Got load D range, a little much for me but it's fine. Gotta post pics soon!

6. Aug 23, 2012 at 2:22 PM
    BAELKHNTR

BAELKHNTR Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    COLORADO
    Vehicle:
    11 dbl cab trd offroad
    TRD exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, runningboards OME 3" suspension lift, Toytec addaleaf, LRA upper control arms
    I have had really good results with BFG AT in the mountains during elk hunting in November. We are in mud, snow, and offroad trails. Last year we were in mud up to the frame and were able to walk right out.

7. Aug 23, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    Btnewman

Btnewman Benjamin Newman

Member:
    First Name:
    Benjamin
    Grand Junction co
    Vehicle:
    Uh. It's beat to he//. But it's only 1 owner.
    Custom body work/damage ARB rear locker Bumpers Shocks Other parts Tires and Rims Air tank fully plumbed into truck "Golf ball mod"
    I have roughly 25k on my duratracs, still have roughly half the tread left, I have to replace 1 of them due to slicing the side wall, but that really is no big deal to me. and it leads to new tire in the end. only thing i would change is to go to a load range e. at 25 psi they squat like most other tires would at 15 psi. wouldn't mind a touch stiffer tire.
    I had bfg AT's and they were a very good tire, but I really didn't get very many miles out of them, I think the duratracs took all the good qualities of the bfg and improved them all around. they are both good, just i like the duratracs better

8. Aug 29, 2012 at 7:50 PM
    Desert Drifter

Desert Drifter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Central Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4, SR5
    Icon MT suspension, Pelfreybuilt front bumper, Relentless skids, Avid sliders, Avid custom rack. Pelfreybilt HC Rear bumper.
    For agressive looks the Duratrac beats the BFG A/T, but lots of guys have lots of thousands of miles on the BFG All Terrains for a lot of years with few complaints... I just wish they offered the BFG A/T in more tall/narrow sizes like the M/T....

9. Aug 30, 2012 at 1:08 AM
    krob32

krob32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Sierra Vista, AZ / Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 MGM TRD Sport DCLB
    WeatherTec Digi Liners, AVS Bugflector II, TRD FJ SE Anthracite Rims, BF Goodrich AT KO2 265/75/16, AVS In-Channel Wind Deflectors, Extang Solid Fold, Pop & Lock, Color Match Grill Emblem (Anthracite), Plasti Dip Emblems, Tacoma Bed Mat, Tacoma Door Sill Protectors, ToyTec Ultimate Lift Kit, ICON UCAs, Wheeler's Progressive AAL, Wet Okoles, Sockmonkey 3rd Brake Light Cover, LED Hood/Bed Lighting w/ OTRATTW Switches, Famous Fabrication Sliders, Sockmonkey TRD Bed Decal, Proven Design 4x4 Mudflaps, BenWA's Rear Power Sliding Window, Jasper Off Road 6" Reverse LED Pod, ImMrYo Rear View Mirror Bracket, GrillCraft w/ Black Mesh and color matched Land Cruiser Emblem, LED Tail Lights, Badge Removal and Vinyl TRD/Tacoma Stickers, Bullaculla Trailer Harness Relocation.
    Owned BFG AT for years and recently bought first set of DuraTracs. Drove from NC to Texas. Surprised the noise was no worse. Seemed about the same. The drive is not quite as smooth, but very little difference. DT was great in the rain. Prob won't see ice in next couple of years. Getting approx 18 MPG, but prob due to foot and heavy load than tires. There is no comparison in the look with DT way ahead.

10. Sep 6, 2012 at 8:39 AM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    I like the sound of tire hum.... If you want quiet tires, get street tires....

11. Sep 6, 2012 at 8:42 AM
    mh.meier

mh.meier Not PB Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    The Doctor
    Commiefornia
    Vehicle:
    Truck Norris Silver Unicornimus Prime
    2008 Tacoma DCLB 4X4 SR5 -Pelfreybilt Steel front single-hoop bumper (12+ conversion) -Baja Designs Squadrons -Baja Designs S8 20” -KM FABRICATION custom 1/4" steel bumper mounts -Warn ZEON Platinum 12,000lb Winch -Pelfreybilt Rear HI-Clearance bumper with swingout -NATO can carrier -Folding Aluminum table -RIGID SRQ reverse lights -Full Pelfreybilt skids -ARB air compressor under the hood -Custom CO2 Setup -KMFAB Custom ext brake line brackets -KMFAB Bedrack -Camping Lab MANSION RTT -ARB Touring 6' Awning -Litra Torch camping light -CTC Bed Cap, color matched -Toyota OEM bedmat -KMFAB bed reinforcement -Pelfreybilt Sliders -BAMF Bed corner tie down brackets -Custom chopped front fenders -OTTRAW switches -King Ext Travel front CO's -King 700# coils -Total Chaos Uni-ball UCA's -Sway-A-Way 2.0 rear ext travel shocks -OME Dakar HD pack with extra AAL -35" Falken MT01s -16" SCS SR8's in Black -Kustom 54 Retrofits -Smoked Tails -Airflow Snorkel -Cobra 29LX CB with PA and the fixins' -KMFAB CB antenna mounts -Pioneer in dash DVD with Nav -Weathertech mats
    BFG KM2's!!!!!

12. Sep 6, 2012 at 8:45 AM
    mh.meier

mh.meier Not PB Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    The Doctor
    Commiefornia
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma DCLB 4X4 SR5 -Pelfreybilt Steel front single-hoop bumper (12+ conversion) -Baja Designs Squadrons -Baja Designs S8 20” -KM FABRICATION custom 1/4" steel bumper mounts -Warn ZEON Platinum 12,000lb Winch -Pelfreybilt Rear HI-Clearance bumper with swingout -NATO can carrier -Folding Aluminum table -RIGID SRQ reverse lights -Full Pelfreybilt skids -ARB air compressor under the hood -Custom CO2 Setup -KMFAB Custom ext brake line brackets -KMFAB Bedrack -Camping Lab MANSION RTT -ARB Touring 6' Awning -Litra Torch camping light -CTC Bed Cap, color matched -Toyota OEM bedmat -KMFAB bed reinforcement -Pelfreybilt Sliders -BAMF Bed corner tie down brackets -Custom chopped front fenders -OTTRAW switches -King Ext Travel front CO's -King 700# coils -Total Chaos Uni-ball UCA's -Sway-A-Way 2.0 rear ext travel shocks -OME Dakar HD pack with extra AAL -35" Falken MT01s -16" SCS SR8's in Black -Kustom 54 Retrofits -Smoked Tails -Airflow Snorkel -Cobra 29LX CB with PA and the fixins' -KMFAB CB antenna mounts -Pioneer in dash DVD with Nav -Weathertech mats
    My buddy put Duratracs on his wrangler and We went out in the desert to test them and he ran over a stick and it pierced the side wall of the tire. A freaking stick!!!!!! No good for off-road. Also JLee tore two sidewalls on the same trail in MOAB. Can't beat the tough ness of the BFG!!!!

13. Sep 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM
    tcma07

tcma07 Chris

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    C.C. Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 Sport 4x4 v6 A/C Blk
    4" lift, Satoshi, BHLM...
    I second that

14. Sep 13, 2012 at 4:11 PM
    Desert Drifter

Desert Drifter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Central Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 4x4, SR5
    Icon MT suspension, Pelfreybuilt front bumper, Relentless skids, Avid sliders, Avid custom rack. Pelfreybilt HC Rear bumper.
    I just ordered a set of DuraTracs in 265/75R16 (6 ply) for my Tacoma. TireCrawler got my business because Discount Tire could not come close in price when I asked. I still want to try a set of "tall-skinny" 255/85R16 KM2, but these DT's will fit for sure without cranking the coilovers much.

15. Sep 14, 2012 at 10:01 PM
    toyotaT32

toyotaT32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Palmer, Alaska
    3 inch revtek in coil spacer, all pro bumper, smittybuilt 8000 winch, 265/75/17 BFG AT, cookie monster stuffed animal in bumper... UPDATE 10/17/12.... OME886 Coil lift with spacer. UPDATE 9/6/13..... Plasti dipped 17inch eagle alloy wheels. 285/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs, 6 bulb rigid industries LED D2 lights

Not great in icy conditions??? Are you driving 90? I live in Alaska, drive 94 miles round trip form work and home and I run bfg ats... Never had a problem.... But then again depends on alot so no worries. I have 265/75/17 bfg ats great tire. They have almost 60k miles on them but need to be replaced soon. Gonna get the duratracs at 285/70/16... So I'll find out what's better.

16. Sep 24, 2012 at 8:31 AM
    maxpower29

maxpower29 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5 speed SWB
    All season mats, 2nd filter delete, DT header, Jardine cat-back, URD shifter, Bilstein 5100's all around at .85 front with Eibachs + .25 passenger/.5 drivers spacers and 1.5 AAL, 0w20 synthetic, Scanguage II, extra D rings, OEM backup camera+Mirror, bed mat, Extang Solid Fold, Popnlock 5300, Pro Comp 7089's 4.5bs 285/70/17 Revo 2s, De-badged
    No they just slip on black ice way to easy. A lot of people have found this. Still like them though just getting winters this time for winter

17. Oct 2, 2012 at 4:19 PM
    Phlip4x4Sport

Phlip4x4Sport Well-Known Member

Member:
    Torrance, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Double Cab 4x4 Off-Road Long Bed
    New and Unmodified
    I got the BFG AT KO's for the squared off tread corners. That is always the part of my tires that wears out first...

must be from cornering the truck like a race car. :)

18. Oct 5, 2012 at 11:47 AM
    mh.meier

mh.meier Not PB Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    The Doctor
    Commiefornia
    Vehicle:
    I have a BFG AT spare.....haha

19. Dec 9, 2012 at 12:46 PM
    teneighty

teneighty I'd rather be skiing...

Member:
    Right behind you. NY
    Vehicle:
    18’ F150 SCREW LB 3.5 EcoBoost
    Bilstein 5100’s (x4), 275/65/20 Cooper XLT AT3’s
    I don't know of any tire that won't "slip easy" on black ice. If your driving that much on black ice I'd opt for some studded winters. I personally don't like studs but a buddy of mine runs them and likes them.

20. Mar 1, 2013 at 6:56 PM
    TXpro4X4

TXpro4X4 Fuck Cancer!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TOY
    Toy Stuff..... Faktor Amber lights on in the grill. Under front bumper led rock lighting. Center counsel c.b mod with under the hood p.a. Anytime foglight mod. R.G.B tape light for inside toekick lighting. Front and back. Front weathertech floor mats. De-Baged except TOY on tailgate. FJ style 6 speed shifter knob. Rubber tacoma bed mat. Trd exhaust. Trd 16in beadlocker style wheels. Electrical a/c 115volt plug/usb mod next to passenger knee. Fox 2.5 coilovers. Icon 2.0's in the rear. Rear locker any-time mod. Abs kill switch mod. All Pro ISF front skid Pelfrey built front differential skid Baja design pro pods Rigid pods CBI pods brackets Mobtown tailgate guard RIP Mobtown Caliraised rear amber pod lights CJ Jumper- map, running, amber fog, reverse, and license plate led bulbs Pedal Commander
    Im looking into bfgs what was your mileage on em. They say they well last 50, 000 plus.my rugged fails only guna run 35k or so. :-(

Products Discussed in

To Top