Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

BFG TA KO or GoodYear Wranger Duratrac

View Poll Results: Which tire?
BFG TA KO 778 46.78%
Good Year Wrangler Duratrac 658 39.57%
Other:Specify 114 6.86%
By voting for this option I certify that I'm 100% douchebag blueberry surpise 198 11.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1663. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2009, 05:04 AM   #61
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianboy View Post
Awesome looking tires! Have you got any pics of them mounted? What size are these?
Old 10-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #62
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
BFg KM2
Old 10-21-2009, 09:19 AM   #63
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
The only complaint I have with BFG is that it let loose on ice but maybe I just have a heavy foot. I think I'll try out the Duratracs next.
Any tire unless it's a dedicated winter tire or a studded tire will let loose on ice. It isn't the BFG's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasIslandBoy View Post
BFg KM2
This thread was started so I could decide between the BFG A/T or the Duratracs.

Not other random tires.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:30 AM   #64
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
Do the Duratrac's pick up more gravel than the BFG TA KO? We have a 400' gravel drive so that would be something for me to consider.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #65
Sev is on a distinguished road

Sev's Tacoma Gallery
I've been calling around all morning to find a set of the Duratrac's but everyone's telling me there on national backorder. A few even said they are discontinued?
Old 10-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #66
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
I would get the Duratrac's, and might be soon! The BFG AT are great tire I've got 265/75/16 right now and I find there very good in the snow, ice , slushy shit. Decent in the mud not great, and generally a pretty tough tire. My only problem with them is they fling stones like crazy, I'll be going 70mph on the hiway and hear loud bangs from rocks bouncing off the underside of my truck. I could only imagine a rock hitting a pedestrian, or cyclist. I have a fairly long 1/4mile gravel driveway, and there is plenty of gravel on the roads around here with all the construction and stuff. Another reason I might get new tires even though my BFG's only have 5000mi on them. The Dura tracs look much better for not picking up rocks.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:26 PM   #67
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought the BFG A/T KO yesterday and so far I like them. I think it rides a little better than my stockers. I was either going to get the BFGs or the Duratracs but no one in town had the Duratracs. Would have been a little bit cheaper(like $60) but I couldn't find any.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:01 PM   #68
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Duratracs and I love them. Great grip on the pavement and in the rain. Haven't had them offroad yet, but I'm sure they can hold there own. They look much more aggressive then the BFG's and handle great, a win-win in my eyes. Duratracs FTW!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:06 AM   #69

MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTRD View Post
I just bought the BFG A/T KO yesterday and so far I like them. I think it rides a little better than my stockers. I was either going to get the BFGs or the Duratracs but no one in town had the Duratracs. Would have been a little bit cheaper(like $60) but I couldn't find any.
Pics???
Old 10-26-2009, 09:26 AM   #70
METAL!
EmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmoSlayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
EmoSlayer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Customs View Post
You will love these tires, Goodyear!

you running a 3" lift with 265/75/16 on stock trd rims? looks good
Old 10-26-2009, 11:38 AM   #71
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
i have the Wranglers.. dunno if theyre Duratrac.. but ive put 20,000 on them and theyre DONE. Totally worn out, look like shit.. horrible road noise (even when new) and give terrible gas millage. I'm goin BFG TA's as my next tire. F that Wrangler crap.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:02 PM   #72
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycumulus View Post
i have the Wranglers.. dunno if theyre Duratrac.. but ive put 20,000 on them and theyre DONE. Totally worn out, look like shit.. horrible road noise (even when new) and give terrible gas millage. I'm goin BFG TA's as my next tire. F that Wrangler crap.
You can't really make a statement if you're not even sure you have duratracs, doesnt sound like duratrac's to me at all. Mine are practically silent on the highways.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:15 PM   #73
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
You can't really make a statement if you're not even sure you have duratracs, doesnt sound like duratrac's to me at all. Mine are practically silent on the highways.
Mine are the wrangler MT/R. I stated i dont know if theyre the duratracs.. My input was if you're going with the basic Wrangler MT/R - that you shouldnt.

Sorry if i offended your Duratracs..
Old 10-26-2009, 01:37 PM   #75
jrsmokestacks is on a distinguished road

jrsmokestacks's Tacoma Gallery
Other: General Grabber AT2's.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:52 PM   #76
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycumulus View Post
Mine are the wrangler MT/R. I stated i dont know if theyre the duratracs.. My input was if you're going with the basic Wrangler MT/R - that you shouldnt.

Sorry if i offended your Duratracs..
sorry- i didnt mean to sound like an @ss but there can be a huge difference between the same line of tires just a different "model" sub-label
Old 10-26-2009, 04:08 PM   #77
Worm is on a distinguished road

Worm's Tacoma Gallery
Got my Duratracs put on saturday and I must say they look awesome on the truck. Have a little noise but I welcome it. I've had 2 sets of BFGs they are a good tire but I think they are a little over rated. But thats just me. So far I'm completely satisfied with he Tracs.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #78

MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worm View Post
Got my Duratracs put on saturday and I must say they look awesome on the truck. Have a little noise but I welcome it. I've had 2 sets of BFGs they are a good tire but I think they are a little over rated. But thats just me. So far I'm completely satisfied with he Tracs.
Pics? What size did you go with?
Old 10-27-2009, 06:26 PM   #79
Worm is on a distinguished road

Worm's Tacoma Gallery
No pics but I can get some for ya if you'd like. Went with 265/75/16.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #80

MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worm View Post
No pics but I can get some for ya if you'd like. Went with 265/75/16.
Pics would be great. Thanks!

Products Discussed in this Thread