Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

BFG TA KO or GoodYear Wranger Duratrac

View Poll Results: Which tire?
BFG TA KO 778 46.73%
Good Year Wrangler Duratrac 659 39.58%
Other:Specify 114 6.85%
By voting for this option I certify that I'm 100% douchebag blueberry surpise 199 11.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1665. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-25-2009, 10:23 PM   #1
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
BFG TA KO or GoodYear Wranger Duratrac

Who's had both and which do you recommend. I really like both and the more I look at the Duratrac the more I like it. Price is essentially the same.

What say you?
Old 08-25-2009, 11:34 PM   #5
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
i have the duratacs and i really like them but i have never had the a/ts
Old 08-25-2009, 11:38 PM   #6
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
I have the BFGoodrich All-Terrains T/A KOs and have no complaints thus far. They perform nicely off-road and on-road. Another thing to note is that they are pretty quiet on the streets. As far as the Duratracs go, I can't say anything about them because I've never had them.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:27 AM   #7
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered the Duratracs, but the more I look at them, the more they are starting to look really ugly to me. I know they are just tires, and if they work really good then who cares. But, there is just something kinda weird looking about the Duratrac. Almost like they belong on a work truck or something. In any case, I might send mine back. I've been thinking about the KM2's, Nitto Grapplers, or the Hankook Rf03 Mt's. I would suggest to you the Hankooks. They are technically a mud terrain, but are suppose to be very quiet and have good road manners.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:00 AM   #8
96tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: aj
96tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
my buddy just got the goodyear mtr kevlars for his frontier today but they are a little pricey.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:13 PM   #10
tacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: scott
tacoman101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.hornstra View Post
I said General Grabbers, just cause that's what i run, i love them, but i personally feel BFG is all a popularity thing. there are plenty of better tires and choices above them.

check this out:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey....jsp?type=ORAT
X2
Old 08-26-2009, 06:05 PM   #12
btacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Roger
btacoma's Tacoma Gallery
hankook dynapro atm r10
Old 08-26-2009, 08:48 PM   #13
96tacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: aj
96tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by t.hornstra View Post
I said General Grabbers, just cause that's what i run, i love them, but i personally feel BFG is all a popularity thing. there are plenty of better tires and choices above them.

check this out:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey....jsp?type=ORAT
i agree. i just went in there to price out tires and i guess the km2's are have issues and a lot of people are exchanging then out for the goodyear wranglers. BFG over rated!!
Old 08-26-2009, 09:18 PM   #14
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
My BFG A/Ts have been very very very good to me.

However, next time I around I will try the BFG M/Ts.

So options 1, 3...

and 4...
Old 08-26-2009, 11:10 PM   #15
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: If I told ya, I'd have to kill you...
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96tacoma View Post
i agree. i just went in there to price out tires and i guess the km2's are have issues and a lot of people are exchanging then out for the goodyear wranglers. BFG over rated!!
yo dude, your in folsom. nice! im in rosemont over by sac state.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:34 AM   #16
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
My BFG A/Ts have been very very very good to me.

However, next time I around I will try the BFG M/Ts.

So options 1, 3...

and 4...
You want to live in Vancouver. I dunno if I can trust you.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #17
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
I've had a couple sets of BFG AT's and they have been very good to me. However the Duratracs look very interesting and I'll probably try them out next time around.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:20 AM   #18
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
Iv had The BFGs and they were awsome. I have the wranglers now and i dont think they perform as well off road. a little quieter on the street though.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:20 AM   #19
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
I ran the BFG All-Terrains on my 95 Taco and had no complaints about them. I wanted to buy something different this time and decided on the Duratrac's. I like them just as much as the BFG's. Both are good tires and have great traction.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #20
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I would try the DuraTracs. They look Better than the BFG IMO plus their a lil cheaper!

Products Discussed in this Thread