Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What size tires can I mount on the FJ Cruiser TRD 16" Wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2009, 06:47 AM   #1
FloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the rough
Army: 66H8A  DDEAMC
FloridaFeMan's Tacoma Gallery
What size tires can I mount on the FJ Cruiser TRD 16" Wheels?

I am considering buying the silver FJ TRD wheels to go along with a 3" OEM lift. My stock truck has the 17" TRD Sport Wheels. If I stick with my stock wheels I will likely go with the 265/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers or GY Wrangler Dura Tracs. Now if I buy the FJ TRD wheelswhat size tires can I go with? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:50 AM   #2
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Do not search. There are no other threads on this topic.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:05 AM   #3
FloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Not quite sure I understand your response.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:16 AM   #4
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Don't be a dick to him. You were new once and I'm sure people were helpful to you without being ignorant.

tire size calculator

Play with that a little bit to see what you come up with.

Stock tires on my 08 OR are 265/70/16.

The board has a search function to help cut down on duplicates,triplicates of the same topic.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:21 AM   #6
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
Don't be a dick to him. You were new once and I'm sure people were helpful to you without being ignorant.
I don't think a little light-hearted sarcasm constitutes being a dick. Calm down.

OP: Search is your friend. This has been discussed many many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFeMan View Post
I think he is being a sarcastic prick to be honest with you. I have zero tolerance for 25 year old punk asses on forums. It's an open forum for a reason, to ask questions. If he didn't want to be bothered with my post then he should have just ignored it. There are plenty of threads on here that I have zero interest in and I simply go on to those that do interest me.

Getting a little worked up over a bunch of nothing here, aren't we?

Everyone always wants to bring up that age thing too. Wonder why that is?
Old 09-05-2009, 07:22 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
i think he is sayin just use the search bar because there are threads about what tires to use on the fj rims.
I think he is being a sarcastic prick to be honest with you. I have zero tolerance for 25 year old punk asses on forums. It's an open forum for a reason, to ask questions. If he didn't want to be bothered with my post then he should have just ignored it. There are plenty of threads on here that I have zero interest in and I simply go on to those that do interest me.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:24 AM   #8
Quote:
I don't think a little light-hearted sarcasm constitutes being a dick. Calm down.

OP: Search is your friend. This has been discussed many many times.
For what it's worth, I did use the search button first and couldn't come up with the answer I was looking for. I'll think twice about asking questions on here in the future. Sorry to ruin everyone's Saturday am.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:45 AM   #9
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just think you could have handled it better than the way you did. Someone being new would find it unfriendly, and discouraging. I still feel it constitutes being a dick. How would you like it if the store, couldn't find a part and ask the employee where the item is and he tells you "There aren't signs hanging from the ceiling or anything, don't bother looking around the store." I am sure you would be none to impressed with the fashion of that attitude.

Age is irrelevant.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:49 AM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For what it's worth, I did use the search button first and couldn't come up with the answer I was looking for. I'll think twice about asking questions on here in the future. Sorry to ruin everyone's Saturday am.
forget the above stuff man...we're here for you to ask questions and get answers

the biggest difference between here and other sites has always been that we dont "flame" the new guy who asks a "repeat" question

in response to your original question...i wont be a ton of help because i dont own an 05+ tacoma...however...im guessing somewhere in the 265/75/16 range would be a good size...it shouldnt rub

what kind of lift are you putting on the truck?
Old 09-05-2009, 08:34 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
forget the above stuff man...we're here for you to ask questions and get answers

the biggest difference between here and other sites has always been that we dont "flame" the new guy who asks a "repeat" question

in response to your original question...i wont be a ton of help because i dont own an 05+ tacoma...however...im guessing somewhere in the 265/75/16 range would be a good size...it shouldnt rub

what kind of lift are you putting on the truck?
Thanks for understanding. I am putting an OME 3" Suspension Lift on my truck. The parts website states the TRD wheels are 16 x 7.5." I'd like to go with a 265/70/16 if I could on the FJ TRD wheels. Since I couldn't find the info. here on TW I called Goodyear up and they seemed to think I couldn't fit that size tire on the rim because the rim was too narrow. I think I'll just save the dough and use my existing rim and go with the 265/70/17s. Thanks again.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:12 AM   #12
Arcanite09 is a jewel in the roughArcanite09 is a jewel in the roughArcanite09 is a jewel in the roughArcanite09 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Nico
Arcanite09's Tacoma Gallery
im gonna run my stock 16" rims with 3" lift and im thinking of running 285/70-16.
Old 09-05-2009, 12:16 PM   #13
Banned
johnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnecon2001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
johnecon2001's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnecon2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanite09 View Post
im gonna run my stock 16" rims with 3" lift and im thinking of running 285/70-16.
Good luck with that, there are almost no tires in that size.
Go with a 285/75-16.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #14
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
i have those wheels on my truck. you can run up to a 265-75-16 with absolutely no rubbing...even with mud flaps on, with the suspension fully articulated (stuffed). if you want to go to 285's, there will be some rubbing.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
I just think you could have handled it better than the way you did. Someone being new would find it unfriendly, and discouraging. I still feel it constitutes being a dick. How would you like it if the store, couldn't find a part and ask the employee where the item is and he tells you "There aren't signs hanging from the ceiling or anything, don't bother looking around the store." I am sure you would be none to impressed with the fashion of that attitude.
I guess my big mistake here was not using a smiley emoticon.

Oh, how I fail at the digital age.

Quote:
Thanks for understanding. I am putting an OME 3" Suspension Lift on my truck. The parts website states the TRD wheels are 16 x 7.5." I'd like to go with a 265/70/16 if I could on the FJ TRD wheels. Since I couldn't find the info. here on TW I called Goodyear up and they seemed to think I couldn't fit that size tire on the rim because the rim was too narrow. I think I'll just save the dough and use my existing rim and go with the 265/70/17s. Thanks again.
Does my heart good to see the man get on the horse and take care of it himself. Well done sir.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:23 PM   #16
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I guess my big mistake here was not using a smiley emoticon.

Oh, how I fail at the digital age.
Here, I'll fix it for you.

Modification complete.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:28 PM   #17
Thank God when I was recovering from my hit and run accident on my tri bike (acetabular fracture requiring ORIF amongst several other injuries, multiple trauma) I didn't have to look up and find you being my physical therapist teaching me how to walk again. I hope you aren't an arrogant asshole to your patients like you come across here on TW.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:48 PM   #18
ajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedajviper7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ajviper7's Tacoma Gallery
Some 285/75/16's would probably work.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Thank God when I was recovering from my hit and run accident on my tri bike (acetabular fracture requiring ORIF amongst several other injuries, multiple trauma) I didn't have to look up and find you being my physical therapist teaching me how to walk again. I hope you aren't an arrogant asshole to your patients like you come across here on TW.
Are you having trouble reading the replies in here? Apparently the inability to express a jocular tone (or rather, my inability to do so, forgive my poor clicking skills) across the web means I am:

1) A punkass
2) An arrogant asshole
3) Bad at my job
4) A dick

Maybe we need to re-examine exactly who is jumping down whose throat here.

No offense intended, I'm not at all sorry you weren't one of my patients either. Are you over this yet? You should be. It's the internet, and it was an honest mistake. The fact that you're getting as worked up about as you are is frightening.

Edit: And I'm not going to get into some electronic pissing contest here. If you want to keep hurling insults, that's your business. I'll save my time and effort for things that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
Here, I'll fix it for you.

Modification complete.

You're right, that probably should've been my move.
Old 09-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #20
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, where's the "E) all of the above" choice?

Don't limit yourself to one possible answer. I believe people should strive to be many things.