Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Who has put FJ wheels on there Taco????

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2010, 05:13 AM   #41
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woods247 View Post
BBS RD-Truck 17" FJ Wheel Option. 265/70-17 Hankook MTs.
aren't these the bbs rd truck wheels that were avaliable through
special order via toyota. i got some yesterday. i found them for only
$450 with some 265/70/17 dunlops with 10,000 miles on them. i could not
beleive it. i have not been able to find out much on these. all i know is
apparently they were a special order option offered to dealerships in the south east, and put on fj's. i emailed bbs to try and get the specks on them. they are some high dollar rims. i think they were in the 300 to 320 per rim price range. i am not sure if they still make them in 17". they show up on their (bbs) america site. when you go to the price sheet, they are not listed in that size.
america site, when you go to the
Old 02-20-2010, 05:21 AM   #42
grdnrxr is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
grdnrxr's Tacoma Gallery
FJ 17"........ I'm happy, they still have the "factory look", but with a twist
Attached Thumbnails
Who has put FJ wheels on there Taco????-img_1662.jpg  
Old 02-20-2010, 07:44 AM   #43
woods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

woods247's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-TRAIN View Post
aren't these the bbs rd truck wheels that were avaliable through
special order via toyota. i got some yesterday. i found them for only
$450 with some 265/70/17 dunlops with 10,000 miles on them. i could not
beleive it. i have not been able to find out much on these. all i know is
apparently they were a special order option offered to dealerships in the south east, and put on fj's. i emailed bbs to try and get the specks on them. they are some high dollar rims. i think they were in the 300 to 320 per rim price range. i am not sure if they still make them in 17". they show up on their (bbs) america site. when you go to the price sheet, they are not listed in that size.
america site, when you go to the
You are correct. From what I was told, they're made in Jacksonville FL as an upgrade option for FJs. 20" is also available and much easier to find than 17s. You gotta killer deal .
Old 02-20-2010, 10:12 AM   #45
IceBurn is on a distinguished road
IceBurn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketball View Post
Yep, those are the stock Dunlops, 265/70R17's. They came with the rims and are the stock size for the FJ Cruiser.

I just bought a set of Bridgestone Dueler At's 3 weeks ago. 265/70R17. Haven't had a chance to snap any pics of those yet.

Wait I thought the stock size for the sport was 265/65R17, not 70R17... *goes out and looks at mine*

I like the look of those rims though. I really want to put a set of the 06 4Runner sport rims on my truck. I love the way those rims look.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:06 PM   #47
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBurn View Post
Wait I thought the stock size for the sport was 265/65R17, not 70R17... *goes out and looks at mine*

I like the look of those rims though. I really want to put a set of the 06 4Runner sport rims on my truck. I love the way those rims look.
You are correct. 265/65R17 is the stock size for the Sport, but these tires came with the rims and the stock size for the FJ is 265/70R17.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:10 PM   #48
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Im to cheap/broke & need a lift so I bought (4) TRD Center caps & Im going to be painting my 17" TRD rims black in the spring. Not as nice but custom on a tight budget. Hopefully post pics soon, weather permitting.
You just need to be patient and persistant.

I looked on ebay and Craigslist every day for months and watched the auctions/sales.

One day I saw an auction that ended in the middle of a work day and no one was bidding on it. I picked up my rims with tires for $112.00. No kidding. After selling my Sport rims and OEM tires I ended up making just over $200 on the "upgrade".
Old 02-20-2010, 01:58 PM   #49
grdnrxr is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
grdnrxr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Im to cheap/broke & need a lift so I bought (4) TRD Center caps & Im going to be painting my 17" TRD rims black in the spring. Not as nice but custom on a tight budget. Hopefully post pics soon, weather permitting.

I watched for several weeks and found several sets on FJ forum's ( in fact all 3 types, 16" and 17").
A set turned up on the local forum for $600 wheels and tires. Tires had a few hundred miles on them. I was able to sell my wheels and tires that had under 2000 miles for the same price. All it cost me was mounting and balancing....

Old 02-26-2010, 04:16 AM   #50
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
these will be going on soon. they were made by bbs as an extra option
for toyota, to go on fj's. they are in 17". i am going to put bigger tires on them.
Attached Thumbnails
Who has put FJ wheels on there Taco????-dscn3492.jpg  
Old 03-09-2010, 03:16 AM   #51
monSTIer is on a distinguished road

monSTIer's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone put these on their 2001-2004 DC? Pics please.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:43 AM   #52
Wrangler Convert
sixdoubleseven will become famous soon enough

Name: Dave
sixdoubleseven's Tacoma Gallery
Will the TPMS from the stock steelies be able to be moved to 16" FJs?
Old 03-09-2010, 07:51 AM   #53
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think so...
Old 03-09-2010, 08:14 AM   #54
Wrangler Convert
sixdoubleseven will become famous soon enough

Name: Dave
sixdoubleseven's Tacoma Gallery
Does the FJ have their own TMPS?
Old 03-09-2010, 08:27 AM   #55
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, it should be the same ones off of the taco TRD wheels.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:33 PM   #57
kbaum08 will become famous soon enough
kbaum08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
Just got mine mounted. Now I just need a lift, tires, paint the chrome....god damnit here I go again. I thought when I got rid of my Accord I was going to take a break from modding. Oh well.(Model in photo demanded a bowl of Dreyers Cookies and Cream ice cream in lieu of cash payment.)

Looks like my truck, only different but with the same wheels and color. Looks great, I am partial.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #58
TheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheOtherGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 63B
TheOtherGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I might as well play along because I didn't see a black one.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #59
Nolz is on a distinguished road

Name: Eddie
Nolz's Tacoma Gallery
mxboy57

mxboy57

Nice looking truck. I'm looking at buying the same rims you are riding on. I'm going to add a 265/70/17, will I need any type of "back spacing" with that set up? Maybe the better question is, "did you have to worry about back spacing when you changed to that FJ rim?"

Honestly, I'm not even sure what back spacing is, or how is works. Thanks for the info...