Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What psi should i run?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #83
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntonization View Post
That's what I thought too, but today the stealership told me that my 09' sensors will only go up to 35 psi. Was she on crack, or what?
Crack

My '09 is currently at 36 PSI and the tires were originally at 40 PSI , no warning light
Old 04-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #84
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH60Hwkdrvr View Post
I emailed BF Goodrich and here is what they advised:

2011 Taco 4x4 DC w/BFG TA/KO 265/75R16

45 PSI front
48 PSI rear

I took their advice and set the pressures accordingly. The vehicle rides fine.

m.a.c.
Those tires are e rated right? If so i've got the same. Are you saying bfg advised running a higher pressure in the rear with an empty bed? I would think you'd want the higher psi up front because of the weight of the engine.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #86
nwb3160 is just really nicenwb3160 is just really nicenwb3160 is just really nicenwb3160 is just really nicenwb3160 is just really nice

Name: Nick
nwb3160's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed the toyo mud terrains, it says 80psi max. the tire shop only put 41psi in them. how should I know what the correct psi should be so the wear evenly?
Old 05-13-2012, 12:27 AM   #87
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwb3160 View Post
I just installed the toyo mud terrains, it says 80psi max. the tire shop only put 41psi in them. how should I know what the correct psi should be so the wear evenly?
Chalk test

My E rated LT tires are 80 psi max and I run them at 36
Old 05-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #88
nwb3160 is just really nicenwb3160 is just really nicenwb3160 is just really nicenwb3160 is just really nicenwb3160 is just really nice

nwb3160's Tacoma Gallery
ha, I have 65 in mine right now
Old 05-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #89

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ha, I have 65 in mine right now
WAY too much
Old 05-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #90

nwb3160's Tacoma Gallery
i deflated to 46 and will probably drop to 42 later. is there no tool i could buy to do the same thing as a chalk test?
Old 05-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #91

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i deflated to 46 and will probably drop to 42 later. is there no tool i could buy to do the same thing as a chalk test?
Yes

Chalk
Old 05-15-2012, 02:18 AM   #92
Hard Luck is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Pete
Hard Luck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I have 33" Toyos on 18" wheels.. I was running 40 psi all around from the tire shop, my truck rode like a fork lift! I googled and looked at all the forums and everyone had a different psi, I did the chalk method and the lines looked the same from 28 psi to 35 psi!!! I called Toyo and talked to the tech department. He looked up the weight of my truck and wheel size and tire size and said 29 psi all around would be perfect, so thats what im running at, rides great again. I did have to reset my TPMS because of the bigger wheels..
Old 05-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #93
Get busy living, or get busy dying.
teamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really niceteamfast is just really nice

Royal Canadian Air Force: Top Secret
teamfast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Luck View Post
I have 33" Toyos on 18" wheels.. I was running 40 psi all around from the tire shop, my truck rode like a fork lift! I googled and looked at all the forums and everyone had a different psi, I did the chalk method and the lines looked the same from 28 psi to 35 psi!!! I called Toyo and talked to the tech department. He looked up the weight of my truck and wheel size and tire size and said 29 psi all around would be perfect, so thats what im running at, rides great again. I did have to reset my TPMS because of the bigger wheels..
These are P rated or LT?
Old 06-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #94
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm...I was running 42psi in my 265/75/16 Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S, D rated tires (65psi max). Couple of days ago the dealership aired them down to 34psi according to the door jam.

Time to do the chalk test.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:59 PM   #95
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Just randomly dropping in here...

Quote:
Actually you can mimic the chalk test with masking or painter's tape. It does the same thing, but takes longer for the result since you have to wait for it to wear off. I found it a bit easier to do since the chalk rubs away really fast.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #96
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH60Hwkdrvr View Post
I emailed BF Goodrich and here is what they advised:

2011 Taco 4x4 DC w/BFG TA/KO 265/75R16

45 PSI front
48 PSI rear

I took their advice and set the pressures accordingly. The vehicle rides fine.

m.a.c.
Did you chalk test this pressure? Seems awful high and I would be surprised if your chalk line wasn't worn more in the middle at this pressure.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #97
neverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedneverstuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
neverstuck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Those tires are e rated right? If so i've got the same. Are you saying bfg advised running a higher pressure in the rear with an empty bed? I would think you'd want the higher psi up front because of the weight of the engine.
I have the same tires (10 ply). They told me 40 lbs front and back in my 06 dbl cab sport. Weird.

I've been running them at 40 and no complaints.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:36 PM   #98
BRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
BRUIN8124's Tacoma Gallery
I have the stock "Dunflops" on my 09 Double Cab. I was running 30 psi all around (like the door panel says) and I began to notice the front tires were wearing fairly quick on the outer edges. I am giving 35 all around a try. It hasnt been long but so far, so good. I may take the rear tires down a lb. or 2 for better traction.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #99
WILLIAM HILL
Bill Hill is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Retired / MKC / E7 /1987
Name: William
Bill Hill's Tacoma Gallery
OUT STANDING INFORMATION.
THANKS
Old 01-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #100
Toyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyanvil is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Toyanvil's Tacoma Gallery
Did the chalk test today on my 08 DCLB sport 4x4 with 265/70/17C BFGoodrich T/A KOs, I use Nitrogen. Started with hot tires at 50 psi all around max for these tires and let out 2 psi at a time until the chalk was worn even. Final psi was 38 psi front 34 psi rear HOT, I checked it cold and it is 36 psi front and 32 psi rear Cold, this is Nitrogen.