Notices

two questions!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
BrandonTorgerson is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
BrandonTorgerson's Tacoma Gallery
two questions!

ok first of all, im lifting my truck with the 3 inch lift kit from Toytec, and i want to know what is the biggest size tire i can go that will fit the stock 17 in rim... next question is will my tire pressure Monitoring system still work with the bigger tires? thanks!
Old 09-13-2009, 12:59 PM   #2
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
do a search man, that is the number one question ever asked lots of help
Old 09-13-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
If u cant stand behind our troops. Stand in front
imsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shedimsikotic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: VMFA-314 F/A-18 Fighter Jet Plane Captain and Mech.
Name: Randy
imsikotic's Tacoma Gallery
285/70/17. and yes your tpms will work fine.

You might get some rub on the upper control arms at full crank but i did it for 2.5 years with some pretty crazy off roading trips. I had no problems. Just run the stock wheels till you can get some aftermarket wheels with backspacing or get some 1/4 in spacers if you are really concerned about the rub.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
BrandonTorgerson is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon
BrandonTorgerson's Tacoma Gallery
sweet man thanks!yeah i ordered the kit, should be here tuesday! cant wait to get wrenching on it!
Old 09-13-2009, 01:28 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsikotic View Post
285/70/17. and yes your tpms will work fine.

You might get some rub on the upper control arms at full crank but i did it for 2.5 years with some pretty crazy off roading trips. I had no problems. Just run the stock wheels till you can get some aftermarket wheels with backspacing or get some 1/4 in spacers if you are really concerned about the rub.
You said it Randy.

That's what I was about to say. Almost exactly.