1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

which tire and rim??????

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by TACOMAN22, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Jan 17, 2008 at 9:32 PM
    TACOMAN22

TACOMAN22 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    agoura hills
    Vehicle:
    Debadged TRD offroad, bhlm, black surround grill,
    K&N drop in air filter,flowmaster 40 series, blue interior neon, bhlm, color matched grill, alpine head unit w/ infinity reference series speakers, insane driver.....
    im thinking of getting some new treads along with some rims......im open to advice so jsut tell me what you would get or what you have and maybe post a pic:cool: im going for the offroad look......im gonna go with the 285's i think, depends im not really stuck onto anything at the moment.....thanks guys!

2. Jan 17, 2008 at 10:21 PM
    L_Jackson

L_Jackson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black Sand Pearl PreRunner Acce
    Tinted Windows, Tow Hitch, 3" Toytec Lift, American Racing Outlaw II Wheels, Cooper Discoverer 33's, Aries Bull Bar w/ (2) 5" Lights, Nerf Bars, Fog Lights as DTR Lights, Roll Bar w/ (4) 5" Lights, Sony Speakers, 2 Extra Tie Downs
    a lot of us run 285's with a 3" lift.... you planning on a lift or stock? with a 3" lift, you can run 33's with just a little rubbing that can easily be trimmed out.... 33's would be 285/75 R 16 or if you got a 17" rim, 285/70 R17

stock, im not sure, let someone else confirm this, but i think your ok with 265/75 R16 or 265/70 R17

post some pics of what your lookin for.... and with rims, checked for used ones!!! look at local places, craigslist, classifieds, things like that.... you can get a good deal.

3. Jan 17, 2008 at 10:52 PM
    TACOMAN22

Member:
    agoura hills
    Vehicle:
    K&N drop in air filter,flowmaster 40 series, blue interior neon, bhlm, color matched grill, alpine head unit w/ infinity reference series speakers, insane driver.....
    thanks jackson, ya i think im going to to the 3" toytec lift (the $299 one) and probobly go with 17's because i heard that teh 16's have problems fitting? is that true or am i mislead?

4. Jan 17, 2008 at 10:59 PM
    L_Jackson

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tinted Windows, Tow Hitch, 3" Toytec Lift, American Racing Outlaw II Wheels, Cooper Discoverer 33's, Aries Bull Bar w/ (2) 5" Lights, Nerf Bars, Fog Lights as DTR Lights, Roll Bar w/ (4) 5" Lights, Sony Speakers, 2 Extra Tie Downs
    might have problems on a stock rim, but i have 16X8's and only had some rubbing on cheap flemsy plastic wheel well cover thingies up front behind the fog lights....

you also want to check backspacing specs.... i think mine are 4.5" you would have problems with 15" on a 2nd gen prerunner, but the right after market 16's are ok.....

i would have went with 17's but i found theese for $200 so i jumped on 'em, not a steal, but a decent deal

5. Jan 17, 2008 at 11:01 PM
    L_Jackson

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    post some pics of that neon, first person on here i've seen with that.... can't wait to see it!

6. Jan 18, 2008 at 3:51 PM
    TACOMAN22

Member:
    agoura hills
    Vehicle:
    ya it was pretty easy went to my local pep boys and picked up some neon tubes that plug into a cigarette lighter, pretty easy except for securing the tubes under the seats looks good at night though will post pics soon

7. Jan 18, 2008 at 4:26 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    how much are you willing to spend? you can get a 3" lift w/ 33" wheels for around 2 grand. a 6" lift w/ 35s will run you about $4000.

8. Jan 18, 2008 at 4:43 PM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    whichever rim you choose make sure the backspacing is
    close to 4.5" << the higher that number the more the wheel will tuck in. (closer to the uca). dont confuse backspacing with offset. offset can vary depending on the width of the wheel. https://www.rsracing.com/images/tech-wheeloffset.gif

Products Discussed in

To Top