1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

22 inches

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by zami, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Jan 23, 2008 at 4:51 AM
    zami

zami [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 SR5
    265-75-16 tires
    Hi, i'm new here, what do you think about 305-40-22 on a Tacoma (07 4x4 double cab) with no lift kit...Is that possible?

2. Jan 23, 2008 at 6:07 AM
    rick

rick `

Member:
    in my opinion it will look ridiculous. but to each his own. its the same size wheel, it may fit.

3. Jan 23, 2008 at 3:00 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    I agree with rick, but it's your payments

4. Jan 23, 2008 at 6:34 PM
    PatheticJoe

PatheticJoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 TRD Sport - Access Cab
    You'll find most folks on this forum aren't into big wheels but they will give you good support on what you choose. To see a good truck on 22s you can check out this link. (http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/371/cat/500/ppuser/316) He has 275/45/22s and has commented that he has no rubbing with an all stock suspension. For your situation I think the width will get into the suspension. My recomendation would be to go to a tire/wheel place and ask them to determine the biggest tire for your truck and go with that. As for me I'll hopefully be going with 285/45/22s, since I have the front lift. I told the guy I would be in in February to have him measure it up. I might as well do something fun with the tax refund.:D

5. Jan 23, 2008 at 9:00 PM
    L_Jackson

L_Jackson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black Sand Pearl PreRunner Acce
    Tinted Windows, Tow Hitch, 3" Toytec Lift, American Racing Outlaw II Wheels, Cooper Discoverer 33's, Aries Bull Bar w/ (2) 5" Lights, Nerf Bars, Fog Lights as DTR Lights, Roll Bar w/ (4) 5" Lights, Sony Speakers, 2 Extra Tie Downs
    i'm not a fan of that look either but like jedi said, it's ur payment!!! lots of guys want to get rims, have places order them, and never show up..... or order them and the test fit doesn't fit, i'd go to every local tire shop, NTB, discount, etc, and see if they have some in stock u can test fit up.

if not, find the ones you want, and ask if when they come in and don't fit, if your off the hook of paying for them. that is just my suggestion, but i remember seeing some 22s on a taco back before i ever lifted mine, and i could tell his was not lifted, not sure if they rubbed, it was parked.

Products Discussed in

To Top