Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Hub v. Lug Centric Spacers Help

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2009, 06:45 AM   #1
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
Question Hub v. Lug Centric Spacers Help

Ok so here is another Snyperx thread where he is trying to save some money and convince himself the cheaper route will work just fine I have been looking at these wheel spacers on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...AQ:MOTORS:1123

They are a lug centric type spacer (although I did send a question asking the size in mm of the spacer bore size). I have done the searching and reading on why a hub centric spacer is desired. I am wondering why a lug centric spacer would not work if acorn style lugs were used to attach the spacer to the truck. Wouldn't the acorn lugs do the centering assuming you tighten the lugs in the star or alternating pattern? Thanks!!!
Old 09-29-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
Ok with no responses so far I am assuming I missed some thread out there answering my questions. If someone could point me to the threads with good information and not the "just buy Spidertrax" responses it would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 09-29-2009, 04:53 PM   #3
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Still nothing....*sniff*.....I am all alone in the world.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:11 PM   #4
MUDTACO205 is on a distinguished road
Name: BLAKE
MUDTACO205's Tacoma Gallery
Why are you using spacers?
Old 09-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #5
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDTACO205 View Post
Why are you using spacers?
Looking to get rid of the rubbing I have up front and to improve the stance of the truck.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:25 PM   #6
Bangers Runner
GotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGotLift37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
GotLift37's Tacoma Gallery
the wheels I have on my 4runner are hubcentric but for a slightly bigger hub. I have acorn style lugs and they center the wheel just fine. its a whole lot easier to just use hub centric wheels or spacers though.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:29 PM   #7
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotLift37 View Post
the wheels I have on my 4runner are hubcentric but for a slightly bigger hub. I have acorn style lugs and they center the wheel just fine. its a whole lot easier to just use hub centric wheels or spacers though.
I knew that is what you were going to say. It just sucks that hub centric spacers are like $100 a pair + shipping.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:09 PM   #8
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
If you're going to go with spacers, you'll want hub-centric spacers. If not, you may have vibration issues. Get the Spidertrax spacers. They get good reviews on this site.