Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

New tire decision.

View Poll Results: Help me decide which tires.
285/75/16 (33") Nitto Terra Grapplers 13 54.17%
265/75/16 (32") Firestone Destination M/T 11 45.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2008, 12:41 PM   #1
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
New tire decision.

I plan on getting some new tires very soon and I've narrowed it down to 2.

size 285/75/16 (33") Nitto Terra Grapplers

size 265/75/16 (32") Firestone Destination M/T

With the 33" tires, I believe I would need wheel spacers. Does anyone know if there are any negatives to the spacers? recommendations?
The tires will be used both on and off road.

Help me decide.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:21 PM   #2
rpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to behold

rpoint16's Tacoma Gallery
I have always had good luck w/ BFG A/T KO's.

I have cut two sidewalls on Firestones

I have heard that the NITTOs do not last long & ride rough (but they look good)..
Old 01-26-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpoint16 View Post
I have always had good luck w/ BFG A/T KO's.

I have cut two sidewalls on Firestones

I have heard that the NITTOs do not last long & ride rough (but they look good)..
The BFG's look good, but I can't see around the price tag. Thanks for your input, though. I have destination AT's and they have been a great tire.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:00 PM   #4

Guess with the overwelming responses, this will be a tough decision.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:38 PM   #5
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
So what are your driving characteristics ? city ? country ? lots of off road ? sand, mud, snow ? do you carry loads ? trailer ? I feel that the best tire on the road for our trucks are the BFG's AT KO's, but at close to or exceeding $900.00 I can't spend that kind of jingle. I feel the either tire would do justice, I do have a friend with a taco who swears by the revos.
Old 01-27-2008, 02:41 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
hey man...stick with whats worked for ya so far.....destination at's!! awesome tire, plus you dont need those crappy wheel spacers!!
Old 01-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #7
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
I had EXCELLENT results with REVOs.. Highly recommend. not too bad of a price.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
So what are your driving characteristics ? city ? country ? lots of off road ? sand, mud, snow ? do you carry loads ? trailer ? I feel that the best tire on the road for our trucks are the BFG's AT KO's, but at close to or exceeding $900.00 I can't spend that kind of jingle. I feel the either tire would do justice, I do have a friend with a taco who swears by the revos.
My truck is a daily driver on country roads, usually paved, but rarely on the highway. I enjoy offroading and usually encounter significant amounts of mud. Although I have a hitch reciever, I never tow anything and I don't haul significant weight very often. I live in PA, so snow happens. I've been checking out tires for about six months now, so this isn't just a blind decision. I can get the 33" Nittos shipped for free and buy spacers for about the same price as the 32" Firestone M/T's mounted, balanced, and installed. I really want a more aggressive looking tire than the destination a/t............

With my experience with the a/t's and the user reviews I've read on the m/t's, I'm leaning toward the firestones.