Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

BFGoodrich All Terrains

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-27-2008, 09:54 PM   #1
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
BFGoodrich All Terrains

Hi eveyone, my truck has the stock dunlop grandtrek tires and WOW, do they suck!! lol, i can't even take a turn faster then 20mph without them screeching....Can't wait till these are done with so i can get BF Goodrich All Terrains. Is anyone here using BFG All-terrains? What are the pros and cons about them? Any other tires that you recommend? Also, what is the biggest size tire you can fit without having any rubbing issues?
Old 01-27-2008, 10:14 PM   #2
emad is on a distinguished road

emad's Tacoma Gallery
the down fall with the bf goods is that they are expensive and they hum on the road when you are at higher speeds dont get me wrong they are still a good tire but i def recomend the nitto terra grapllers all terrain i run them on my truck and think there awseome they hook in everything got a real good deal on them to i went to discounttire.com
Old 01-27-2008, 11:05 PM   #3
Big Guns is on a distinguished road
Big Guns's Tacoma Gallery
i find a lot of mild wheelers will run either the BFG or the Nitto's. I have heard nothing but good things about either tire, but i hear the nitto's tend to be on the soft side so they wear quicker than the BFG's. I prefer the more aggressive tread pattern on the Terra Grappler's, but you are good with either.

Also, im on the same page as you regarding the shitty Dunlop's [Horrible]. I tend to force squeels so i can get my TG's sooner ha.
Old 01-27-2008, 11:32 PM   #4
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Guns View Post
i find a lot of mild wheelers will run either the BFG or the Nitto's. I have heard nothing but good things about either tire, but i hear the nitto's tend to be on the soft side so they wear quicker than the BFG's. I prefer the more aggressive tread pattern on the Terra Grappler's, but you are good with either.

Also, im on the same page as you regarding the shitty Dunlop's [Horrible]. I tend to force squeels so i can get my TG's sooner ha.
yup....... dunlops are crap.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:30 AM   #5
argm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant futureargm31i has a brilliant future
argm31i's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't had the opportunity (or at least not one that I could justify) to trade out my tires yet, but I have had BFG AT's on two other vehicles (Chevy Tahoe Z71 and Jeep Wrangler) and loved them. They tend to wear a lot quicker than regular street or "hybrid" tires, but other than that, I loved them.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
as soon as i either get my bonus money or my tax refund, i'm gonna be getting the BFG M/T's
Old 01-28-2008, 03:46 PM   #7
Remi is on a distinguished road

Remi's Tacoma Gallery
I'd have to give a hearty "thumbs up" for the BFG ATs. My other vehicle, a '04 Ford Explorer Limited, that the misses drive has the original set of BFG, just surpassed 50K miles with about 1/4 to 1/2 tread left. They'll be switched out in the very near future, and I'm seriously looking at the Good Year Wrangler SilentArmor... it's supposedly a 50K mile tire.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:51 PM   #8
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
The circle of taco friends I run around with, about have of them run BFG's, and they are a great tire, if I had the cash I would buy them...but I don't so I will end up with something made in China.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:12 PM   #9
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
hey guys just to let you know I have trail mark APR's on my truck...look alot like bfg all terrains (the original ones before those stupid KO's came out) and they are alot cheaper.I have had bfgs on like 3 trucks before and I would buy these anyday...work just as well last alittle longer...and what else....oh yeah CHEAP lol.. check out my photos with them on my gray/silver taco
Old 01-30-2008, 07:19 AM   #10
04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold
04asphalt's Tacoma Gallery
my stock 265/70/16 BF tires are defective
Old 01-30-2008, 10:10 AM   #11
SteveS is on a distinguished road
SteveS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05PreRunner View Post
.... BF Goodrich All Terrains. .... What are the pros and cons about them?
Do you drive in the dirt? If not, then get another type of tire.

Iíve used the BFG ATís on and off for a long time, and have always been happy with them

Cons: They are expensive, lower fuel mileage, and are NOT the best to for pavement cornering (since you mentioned corners my WAG is thatís important).

Pros: Durable, good wear, offer good traction on many non-paved surfaces, and gives fair traction on paved or concrete surfaces.

Iím currently running the GY MT/Rs, which Iím very happy with, but would not recommend or use them for a DD.

Iím sure other PU drivers could help more if you would state HOW you use your truck.

Hope this helps
Old 01-31-2008, 07:30 AM   #12
a31gun is on a distinguished road

a31gun's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running 265/75/16 BFG AT's on my 01 Tacoma. I'm very pleased for the performance of the tire, but my truck is a DD and a weekend trail rig. The BFG's are loud as hell on the highway to me. I have no probs turning on the street or doing 60+ on an on ramp. The 265's do rub without a lift. I first noticed when pulling into my driveway too fast. At full compression they rub, but not on anything to worry about. Recently installed a 3" Revtek. Now I want 285's. It's never ending.....
Old 02-02-2008, 09:49 PM   #14
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by a31gun View Post
I'm running 265/75/16 BFG AT's on my 01 Tacoma. I'm very pleased for the performance of the tire, but my truck is a DD and a weekend trail rig. The BFG's are loud as hell on the highway to me. I have no probs turning on the street or doing 60+ on an on ramp. The 265's do rub without a lift. I first noticed when pulling into my driveway too fast. At full compression they rub, but not on anything to worry about. Recently installed a 3" Revtek. Now I want 285's. It's never ending.....
Hey, Im new here. But I just wanted to let you know that I just got a 3" RevTek lift on 285/75's BFG A/T, and at full compression i got some rubbing, but its nothing big. just thought ide let you know.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:58 PM   #15
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
My wife rented us a Hummer H-2 for vacation this summer and it had the AT KO's on it and I loved them, I thought they rode very nice and had superior traction, I did not look at the size of them but they were big, at least 33's. If I could afford them, I'd own them, back to Coopers.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #16
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
hummer H2's come with 315/70/17 BFG's (35x12.50X17) i had a set on my 05 dodge 2500 ... the ko's have the new side biters and they actually make the tread narrower instead of adding material to make the sidebiters they just used some where tread would have been... odd looking to me and not as good as the original square shoulder bfg's ...I had a truck with bfg at's on it...wore them out put ko's on...sold the ko's and started buying these trail marks