Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheel and tire size question

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #1
kreep is on a distinguished road

kreep's Tacoma Gallery
Wheel and tire size question

I did my very best to search the forum for this information and I apologize for posting this when there are hundreds of similar questions out there.
I can't seem to wrap my head around what wheels will fit my truck.

These are the wheels I'm thinking about buying.
http://tiresbyweb.com/p-7639-moto-me...ck-wheels.aspx

Specs:
17x9 6x5.5 4.53 BS -12 offset.

I want to run 280/70/17s once I get my 3" lift.
I know that I'll probably have to trim some of the inner fender and remove the mud flaps and I'm ok with that.

Will these wheel do the trick with the tires I plan on getting?
Old 10-08-2009, 02:17 AM   #2
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreep View Post
I did my very best to search the forum for this information and I apologize for posting this when there are hundreds of similar questions out there.
I can't seem to wrap my head around what wheels will fit my truck.

These are the wheels I'm thinking about buying.
http://tiresbyweb.com/p-7639-moto-me...ck-wheels.aspx

Specs:
17x9 6x5.5 4.53 BS -12 offset.

I want to run 280/70/17s once I get my 3" lift.
I know that I'll probably have to trim some of the inner fender and remove the mud flaps and I'm ok with that.

Will these wheel do the trick with the tires I plan on getting?
Yes those wheels will work, I'm running them with 265/70/17, I don't have a lift and I had to trim a little.
You should be fine with a lift and minor trimming.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
"That's what she said"

Foxy FTW!!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
kreep is on a distinguished road

kreep's Tacoma Gallery
Will I have to use spacers for the 285/70/17s?
Old 10-09-2009, 03:42 AM   #5
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kreep View Post
Will I have to use spacers for the 285/70/17s?
I don't know anything about spacers or what circumstances you would need them. But I don't 'think' you need them, I browsed around a little and a few people are running them and don't mention spacers, maybe UCA's though??

Maybe check out the suspension section or search for 'spacers' ?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/suspension/

Send Chris4x4 a PM, I'm sure he can answer.