Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Biggest Tire on 07 TRD Sport

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-2010, 06:09 AM   #21
Silver 10 has much to be proud ofSilver 10 has much to be proud ofSilver 10 has much to be proud ofSilver 10 has much to be proud ofSilver 10 has much to be proud ofSilver 10 has much to be proud ofSilver 10 has much to be proud ofSilver 10 has much to be proud of

Name: Joe
Silver 10's Tacoma Gallery
There should be no diff between mine and yours. I went with the 265 70 16s on mine and they look good. From what most of the guys have said on here that is as big unless you get a lift. yours may have 17s but same theory 265 75 17 or 265 70 17. There is a bunch of things on here about tires but I think this to be true. I think they look real good on the truck
Old 03-25-2010, 10:45 AM   #22
Pill it till you kill it!
DheadTaco is on a distinguished road

DheadTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 10 View Post
There should be no diff between mine and yours. I went with the 265 70 16s on mine and they look good. From what most of the guys have said on here that is as big unless you get a lift. yours may have 17s but same theory 265 75 17 or 265 70 17. There is a bunch of things on here about tires but I think this to be true. I think they look real good on the truck
Thanks man. I wrote a thread on the main page and got pretty much the same answer.
-265/75-16
-265/70-17
Lol either way, it will look a lot better then the 245's!
Old 03-28-2010, 01:23 PM   #23
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I was just playing around with sizes for the hell of it.

Anyone try a wider tire but not necessarily taller (TRD Sport wheel/no lift)?
Say for instance:
285/65/17 = 31.6"/11.2"
275/70/17 = 32.2"/10.8"

Just curious.... was looking for something a little wider but not necessarily taller. But then again, my tire choices are probably limited eh?
Just dreaming of what's to come....I'll probably need tires before next winter.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:12 PM   #24
Taco Rookie
lepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud of

Name: Frank
lepedog23's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to lepedog23
Tire fitment on my 2010 Tacoma

Hey guys new to tacomaworld, i would really appreciate your help/advice/knowledge of the tacoma. Im having trouble with tire fitment, I have a 2010 tacoma double cab long bed Non Trd Stock. I bought some 20" moto metal 951 rims and i know for sure 265/50/20 will fit. But i am getting an awesome deal on yokohama parada tires 285/50/20 but i am unsure they will fit/rub. I dont plan on lifting the truck since i didnt get the offroad package(my mistake) and dont see the point of lifting a 2wd truck, but maybe i will. But oh well whats done is done, I just want to know if it'll fit with my stock suspension, i dont even have bilstein shocks, just the plainest tacoma.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:37 AM   #25
just totaled the Xterra
Rocket. is on a distinguished road
Navy: U.S. Navy, AME2 VP-45
Name: Ian
Rocket.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
I just mounted cooper discoverer st/c on the 17" trd rims in LT265/70r17.
stock 4x4 suspension and no issues.
Actually better, my speedometer is dead on accurate now (according to my scangauge)!
The scan gauge will always be "accurate" to the needle.. doesn't matter if you have 245/70/16, or 285/75/16, (or even larger). The scangauge is simply a digital display of the same reading the speedo is getting.. (or any number of different settings).

If you are in fact concerned about inaccuracies in your speedo, there's a computer you can buy that does the conversion for you before the speedo/scangauge.

I had a scangauge in my Xterra, but totaled it last weekend, now i'm looking into a 2010 Taco
Old 04-06-2010, 07:49 AM   #26
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket. View Post
The scan gauge will always be "accurate" to the needle.. doesn't matter if you have 245/70/16, or 285/75/16, (or even larger). The scangauge is simply a digital display of the same reading the speedo is getting.. (or any number of different settings).
Just an FYI : The scangauge reads off the computer/ECU, not the needle on the speedometer. The speedometer/needle on the dash isn't always accurate to the ECU (in most cases). My needle on the dash is 2mph slower than the actual Scangauge/ECU readings which matches my GPS.

The Scangauge II can adjust for different tire sizes and give you a readout of the actual (or close to) speed.
Here is the scangauge manual - scroll down to page 16 (MORE/SETUP/SPEED)
http://www.pureenergysystems.com/sto...SGIIManual.pdf

The calculated Scangauge read-out does not change the ECU data and does not change the speedometer needle. It's best to get a GPS and test the actual speed from the GPS to the needle and the Scangauge data after you put different tires on.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:04 AM   #27
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #28
Legend in my own mind
CableTec is a glorious beacon of lightCableTec is a glorious beacon of lightCableTec is a glorious beacon of lightCableTec is a glorious beacon of lightCableTec is a glorious beacon of light

CableTec's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I was just playing around with sizes for the hell of it.

Anyone try a wider tire but not necessarily taller (TRD Sport wheel/no lift)?
Say for instance:
285/65/17 = 31.6"/11.2"
275/70/17 = 32.2"/10.8"

Just curious.... was looking for something a little wider but not necessarily taller. But then again, my tire choices are probably limited eh?
Just dreaming of what's to come....I'll probably need tires before next winter.

My buddy has 275/60/17 on his 07 Tacoma 4x4 = wider and lower profile with no rubbing on the stock wheels and suspension.

His truck sits lower than mine though with his current set up, which may or may not be a bad thing depending on what you are looking to achieve. I personally don't really like it myself. I prefer taller with the same width.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:40 PM   #29
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CableTec View Post
My buddy has 275/60/17 on his 07 Tacoma 4x4 = wider and lower profile with no rubbing on the stock wheels and suspension.

His truck sits lower than mine though with his current set up, which may or may not be a bad thing depending on what you are looking to achieve. I personally don't really like it myself. I prefer taller with the same width.
You got me thinking about this again....
I just wanted to keep it atleast stock height (or maybe slightly taller) and a little wider and still fit under the stock suspension.

Hmmm.... The 285/65/R17 looks decent. I used to run 32x11.50's on my 96 tacoma on stock 15x7 rims. The 11.50's were (technically) too wide for that rim, so I ran lower tire pressure. With 7.5" rim and 11.2" - wondering if that'll work/fit. I'll have to do some research.
But then again, I'm limited to tires. Booooooo
Old 04-20-2010, 08:39 PM   #30
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Just put on some Bridgestone Deuler AT in 265/70/17. That is how the stock truck should look!!! Very happy.. Costco went ahead with a "test fit" to see if it would clear before mounting (because I went up from the 65s). Took them 3 1/2 hours to get it done, but happy that I could get it done with them (price and free balance/rotate)
Now for a small lift via 5100's.. and I'll be good to go..
Old 04-27-2010, 10:26 AM   #31
jek3fl is on a distinguished road

Name: Joey
jek3fl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycie View Post
Just put on some Bridgestone Deuler AT in 265/70/17. That is how the stock truck should look!!! Very happy.. Costco went ahead with a "test fit" to see if it would clear before mounting (because I went up from the 65s). Took them 3 1/2 hours to get it done, but happy that I could get it done with them (price and free balance/rotate)
Now for a small lift via 5100's.. and I'll be good to go..
Can you send me some pics???
Old 04-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #32
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
265/70 is the biggest WITHOUT a lift. With a 3" lift you can stuff 285/70 AT tires; 265/70 MT tires.
when you get new UCAs you can stuff a 285/70 MT tire ****
Old 04-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #33
raycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant futureraycie has a brilliant future

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
Took a pic yesterday at work. Co worker has same truck in a earlier year..

]
Old 04-28-2010, 07:00 PM   #34
skywalker1000rr is a glorious beacon of lightskywalker1000rr is a glorious beacon of lightskywalker1000rr is a glorious beacon of lightskywalker1000rr is a glorious beacon of lightskywalker1000rr is a glorious beacon of lightskywalker1000rr is a glorious beacon of light
skywalker1000rr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

]
Looks great, no rubbing at all?
Old 04-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #35
vermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

vermintrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

]
Are those Revo 2's ?
Old 04-29-2010, 12:54 AM   #36

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
No rubbing at all.. gave the truck a very small ~1" or so lift as well..

No.. not the revo 2s..These are the regular ATs They would have had to special order them at Costco.. I do like the look of the revos, (a little more offroad/agressive look), but like the guy said, may have a bit more road noise in the long run..

Gonna put on my "small lift" on friday.. 5100's set at 1.75 and 1.5" fabtch aal.. will have some pics of the 265/70/17s with the lift later.. hope it doesn't look silly..
Old 04-29-2010, 08:12 AM   #37
vermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedvermintrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
No rubbing at all.. gave the truck a very small ~1" or so lift as well..

No.. not the revo 2s..These are the regular ATs They would have had to special order them at Costco.. I do like the look of the revos, (a little more offroad/agressive look), but like the guy said, may have a bit more road noise in the long run..

Gonna put on my "small lift" on friday.. 5100's set at 1.75 and 1.5" fabtch aal.. will have some pics of the 265/70/17s with the lift later.. hope it doesn't look silly..
Thanks for the info.

Did you you mount a 265/70/17 on the spare rim ? Did it fit without modification ?

Your truck is gonna look great with the lift. Did you already have the TSB done ? Guessing not if you're doing an AAL.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:43 AM   #38

raycie's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm.. No I didn't do anything to the spare. Figured I could run "crooked" for a small distance from wherever to tire shop.

no TSb. Serial # wasn't covered when I checked earlier.. Now over miles anyway.. I sit about 1-1.5 higher in rear with snugtop shell.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #39

Quote:
hmmm.. No I didn't do anything to the spare. Figured I could run "crooked" for a small distance from wherever to tire shop.

no TSb. Serial # wasn't covered when I checked earlier.. Now over miles anyway.. I sit about 1-1.5 higher in rear with snugtop shell.
I heard you can damage the drivetrain by running different diameter tires on the rear axle or the front if it's in 4wd as the spare would spin at a different RPM. Something about it can cause in the drivetrain to "wind up".

But I could be of base. Hopefully someone who is smarter than me can chime in.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:28 AM   #40
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermintrex View Post
I heard you can damage the drivetrain by running different diameter tires on the rear axle or the front if it's in 4wd as the spare would spin at a different RPM. Something about it can cause in the drivetrain to "wind up".

But I could be of base. Hopefully someone who is smarter than me can chime in.
Well yeah if your spare is a 27" and your running a 32.7" or higher as your everyday tire.

But It wont hurt it that much because you'll only be driving to get somewhere quick

Products Discussed in this Thread