Notices

Got new tires and now truck shakes...

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2009, 12:44 AM   #1
TacoEnthusiast is on a distinguished road
Name: Bobby
TacoEnthusiast's Tacoma Gallery
Got new tires and now truck shakes...

I just got a brand new set of General Grabber AT2's. Granted my previous tires were getting pretty bald, ride was very smooth and had no problems. After the new tires were installed I noticed that as I accelerate over 40 mph or so there is a shake in the steering wheel. I am trying to figure out if its just me or if they did not balance my tires correctly. My girlfriends dad got me a deal at one of his friends' shop so I don't want to go in and complain unless I'm positive it's their fault. Any help appreciated.

Edit: I realized before I bought the tire that the ride would be different. I just don't know if this is "different" or a bad installation.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:14 AM   #2
FuTang909Inamo is on a distinguished road

FuTang909Inamo's Tacoma Gallery
Check balance again. Maybe they balanced it as static instead of dynamic. But even though it was static balance there shouldn't be any vibrations if it was done correctly. But then again a/t tires are a real bitch to balance. Check out dynabeads, that might help.

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/
Old 10-18-2009, 02:30 AM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like a balance issue. I'd have it checked again or, swap the front and rear tires because it might just be one tire causing the issue and it might not be felt when on the back. My BFG MTs are that way. There was a slight shake and pull after I got them put on, but when I did my first rotation and put them on the back everything went away and they were nice and smooth.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:08 AM   #4
wnealw is on a distinguished road
Navy:
wnealw's Tacoma Gallery
try retorque the wheels. somebody over tighten one or two lugs more than others ?????
Old 10-18-2009, 06:29 AM   #5
vinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vinnyvavoom's Tacoma Gallery
Find someone who can do a roadforce balance. I fought with some wheels for 20K miles. New roadforce balance and bam, smooth ride. If you can't find a place, go to tirerack.com and check their prefered vendor list