1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Load Rating

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ninorth, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Oct 18, 2009 at 9:12 AM
    ninorth

ninorth [OP] T-REX

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Yucca Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab 4x4 off-road
    Would a higher load rating on a tire matter?

2. Oct 18, 2009 at 9:51 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Matter for what?? Higher load ratings usually mean a heavier tire...but they are are still going to be whatever size you order...

3. Oct 18, 2009 at 10:06 AM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    may give a rougher ride the higher the load rating

4. Oct 26, 2009 at 12:43 PM
    joee77

joee77 New Member

Member:
    Chandler AZ
    Vehicle:
    Black TRD
    16 X 8 Mickey Thompson Classic 2, full tint, Sony Xplod deck, Gorilla lugs
    I've had the Costco tire guy tell me that if I went to a load E tire my ride quality would be horrible. Load E tires are designed for full size trucks/heavy towing which is why they have more plies than load C. A lot of people don't realize they are going to load E when the upsize their stock tires from 265/70/16 to 265/75/16 for the BFG all terrains. That is why I'm staying away from the BFGs in that size. Some companies (Goodyear) make load C tires in that size. I can't speak from experience though if there is a ride difference. Pick up a load E tire and then pick up a load C tire in a store and you will feel a 10-15lb difference. I imagine the load C would give you better gas mileage as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top