Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Help me decide on best looking wheel to complement my Pyrite Mica DC Sport

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-24-2009, 09:08 AM   #1
FloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the rough
Army: 66H8A  DDEAMC
FloridaFeMan's Tacoma Gallery
Help me decide on best looking wheel to complement my Pyrite Mica DC Sport

I posted this in the 2nd Gen Tacoma Forum but maybe this forum is a better place to get responses. I am in the process of finalizing my decisions on mods for my truck. So aside from lifting 3" , I want to put a different wheel on my truck. Here's what I am considering:

Anthracite/Gray FJ Cruiser TRD wheels
Silver FJ Cruiser TRD wheels
Replica Black Trail Teams Edition FJ Cruiser TRD wheels
KMC Rock Stars Black Matte 18x9

I don't plan on debadging. I am considering putting black N-fab sidesteps on as well.

So tell me what you all think. I'm open to other recommendations as well.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:11 AM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-24-2009, 09:29 AM   #3
FloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the rough
Anthracite/GrayAnthracite/Gunmetal Gray

SilverTrail Teams Replica/Black

KMC Rock Star

Pricing:

Anthracite/Gunmetal Gray $600
Silver TRD $600
Trail Teams Replica Black $1000
Rock Stars $750
Old 10-24-2009, 09:46 AM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Gunmetal!!
Old 10-24-2009, 09:49 AM   #6
918TOYBOY is on a distinguished road

918TOYBOY's Tacoma Gallery
I like the trail team & the rock stars.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:50 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrydtl View Post

DONT get rockstars, there kinda lame...sorry but thats just what i think. i have a 3in lift and it looks really good.
So you don't care for the RockStars but you like your KMC Monsters? What size tires you running there?
Old 10-24-2009, 10:13 AM   #8
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Out of the 4 I like the black TRD wheels.

Dem Rockstarz wheels is fugly.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #9
evbe is on a distinguished road
evbe's Tacoma Gallery
Rockstars always look good. so do Monsters
Old 10-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #10
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Trail team TRD
Old 12-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #11
[quote=FloridaFeMan;1056083]I posted this in the 2nd Gen Tacoma Forum but maybe this forum is a better place to get responses. I am in the process of finalizing my decisions on mods for my truck. So aside from lifting 3" , I want to put a different wheel on my truck. Here's what I am considering:

Anthracite/Gray FJ Cruiser TRD wheels
Silver FJ Cruiser TRD wheels
Replica Black Trail Teams Edition FJ Cruiser TRD wheels
KMC Rock Stars Black Matte 18x9

I don't plan on debadging. I am considering putting black N-fab sidesteps on as well.

I ended up saving the money I would have spent on new wheels and decided to keep my stock alloy wheels and applied the saved money towards my new tires and lift. Since I put the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs on my FJ, I decided on the Nitto Terra Grapplers for my Tacoma. So far I really like them. So here is how my Tacoma stands as of now with 265/70/17 Nitto TGs.

So now I need to finalize my lift plans once and for all. I am leaning towards the Bilstein 5100 set up with the front set at 1.75 or buying the Bilstein 5100s and Eibach Springs then doing an AAL in the rear. I tried to get the Harsh Ride Rear Spring TSB done again today and was first shot down then after threatening to call Toyota myself, they did a little more research and told me they would need to talk to their regional representative. So I am in limbo. It took me 6 months to decide on wheels and tires so maybe it'll take less time to decide on lift.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #13
I've grown to like the stock wheels. No biggie. I like them even more with the Nittos and I am sure once the lift is on, even better. Let me know how your Eibach/Bilstein 5100 lift works. You doing new UCAs too?
Old 12-30-2009, 09:41 PM   #14
Taco love in East Van
Canadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura aboutCanadianboy has a spectacular aura about

Name: James
Canadianboy's Tacoma Gallery
Post a pic of your FJ Cruiser if you have one. I really considered one before I bought the Taco
Old 12-30-2009, 09:58 PM   #15
Giggity giggity, giggity goo
8ballshifter98 will become famous soon enough8ballshifter98 will become famous soon enough

Name: Garrett
8ballshifter98's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
Sucks that you couldn't afford the wheels, I'm kind of in the same boat. I just ordered 5100's front and rear with eibach coils and toytec 1.5 aal and I'm really excited to get that installed. Good luck dude.
roughly how much is this costing you? curious. I could be following suit
Old 12-30-2009, 10:04 PM   #16
Giggity giggity, giggity goo
8ballshifter98 will become famous soon enough8ballshifter98 will become famous soon enough

Name: Garrett
8ballshifter98's Tacoma Gallery
that racing black is sick though, i love it. Im biased though considering I have a black truck doesnt matter though because I cant afford them!
Old 12-30-2009, 10:23 PM   #17
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ballshifter98 View Post
roughly how much is this costing you? curious. I could be following suit
I ordered my 5100's seperatly from suspensionconnection.com, I spent about $180 with free shipping(I think their sale ends tomorrow), and the Eibach springs I ordered from automotiveconcepts.net for about $135 free shipping. I'm waiting to see if I can get a discount code from toytec for the aal. With the aal it will be about $300 for parts.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #18
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFeMan View Post
I've grown to like the stock wheels. No biggie. I like them even more with the Nittos and I am sure once the lift is on, even better. Let me know how your Eibach/Bilstein 5100 lift works. You doing new UCAs too?
I also like the stock wheels, I'm not in any hurry to replace them. I'm gonna see what happens with the stock UCAs, I don't do a lot of driving (my truck is a 2007 with only 11500 miles) so if I need them I'll have time to save up for Light Racing UCA's by the time I decide to replace the tires.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:32 PM   #19
I bleed Black and Gold
cheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant future

Name: Adam
cheehab's Tacoma Gallery
I've got my Billies at 1.75" and love the look and ride of my setup. I'm on 16's so put 265/75/16s on. I think a 3" lift is unnecessary unless you're going to upsize to 285's. The 1.75 setting with a TSB leaf pack or AAL would look great on your truck.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:35 PM   #20
T-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shedT-rev is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T-rev's Tacoma Gallery
looks good! i've got Nitto tg's, great tire!