1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

33s

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 4ari trd, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Oct 26, 2009 at 8:42 PM
    4ari trd

4ari trd [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    portland, oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 trd sport double cab long bed
    cat back magnaflow exhaust- stage 2 k&n intake- URD MAF Sensor Calibrator, Westin bull bar, black housing headlights, yellow fogs, 10000k hid, fog light mod, 3in tuff country lift
    I have a 3 inch lift in the front and a 2.5 in the back on my o8 four door long bed trd. I would love to put 33s but i dont want to change my rim and i have been reading a lot that 33s on a 3 inch, will rub, and i dont want that. So whats the best tire size to put on my truck. So far the best i could come up with is the 285-70-17 bfg at Which i geuss is a 32.7 by i think 11.5 wide. What would you guys do. Please let me know i need new tires soon...:) And I love off road so i need something to get me threw the mud but i do a lot of freeway so i want to go with the all terrain tire.

2. Oct 26, 2009 at 8:44 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    welcome to TW from another oregonian. Typically, the 285's are considered to be 33's and sometimes can still rub based on a lot of different variables. If you're into running the stock wheels, and still have the the factory Upper Control arms, then you'd need a set of wheel spacers to give adequate clearance. Front mudflaps may need to be removed along with some minor trimming on the front also.
    http://www.spidertrax.com/Toyota-Hub-Centric-Spacer

3. Oct 26, 2009 at 8:49 PM
    4ari trd

Member:
    portland, oregon
    Vehicle:
    cat back magnaflow exhaust- stage 2 k&n intake- URD MAF Sensor Calibrator, Westin bull bar, black housing headlights, yellow fogs, 10000k hid, fog light mod, 3in tuff country lift
    Well the mud flaps are off any ways. since your from oregon, do you ever go off roading? All my buddies sold there toyotas so i got no one to go with. You know any good spots

4. Oct 26, 2009 at 8:58 PM
    RelentlessFab

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    I LOVE to go 'wheeling! Ive been up in the Tillamook state forest a couple times and its pretty cool out there. Lots of variation for difficulty is possible out there. From forest service roads, to triple black diamond trails with rock ledges and notches to navigate. One of the trails I really want to do is the McGrew trail off of HWY199 near Obrien. Its part of an old wagon trail from the 1800s and looks like a good run for a weekend as its 26miles long with a camp at the top. I also have some local wheelin out here by Klamath Falls so if you're ever up for driving a bit, im down for meeting and wheelin!:cool:

I also regularly hit the Oregon dunes all along the coast, and also Christmas Valley, with my quad and even the truck a couple times. Dunes can be fun, but usually take some abuse of the truck to get around out in the soft and steep stuff.

5. Oct 27, 2009 at 7:10 AM
    4ari trd

Member:
    portland, oregon
    Vehicle:
    Ya i usually go to florence a lot, but last time i almost flipped my truck it was pretty darn scary. BUt i want heard about tillamook. But where do you go over there, is it at browns camp?

6. Oct 27, 2009 at 8:29 AM
    RelentlessFab

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, either Browns camp or over at Jordans creek over there.

7. Mar 11, 2010 at 11:50 PM
    chazjb

chazjb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB Sport
    I have 33/12.5/15 with a 3inch lift and they are fine for the most part... when i flex tho they rub. actually i almost ripped my bumper off the last weekend so im looking at a small body lift (2 or 3 inch) to fix that because i cant find the reasoning in spending $1500 for a 6in suspension lift after i just bought the 3inch. my buddy has an 06 with 3inch lift and he just put the 285/70/16 on. he likes it and has said that he hasnt rubbed yet. hope that helps

Products Discussed in

To Top