Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

American Racing Outlaw II wheels?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
JJK is on a distinguished road
JJK's Tacoma Gallery
American Racing Outlaw II wheels?

Hello – anyone running on these wheels? – I think they look pretty nice and they are not very expensive.
If you are running them – how do you like them? Is the clear coat holding up OK?
Thanks
JJK
Old 10-28-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
JJK is on a distinguished road
JJK's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifuto View Post
This is the one I'm looking at - Thanks!
Old 10-28-2009, 10:38 PM   #3
drjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrjohnson36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
drjohnson36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJK View Post
This is the one I'm looking at - Thanks!
Old 10-28-2009, 10:43 PM   #4
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
What color is your Tacoma? I was thinking of purchasing them wheels myself, but I went with a different setup. I have a link where they are sold cheap. I will try and find it for you.

Here is the link. This was the cheapest I found, it was cheaper ordering 4 +shipping than purchasing it locally.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:22 AM   #5
HIGGI is on a distinguished road
HIGGI's Tacoma Gallery
those are awsome!................. if your living in 1980
Old 10-29-2009, 10:36 AM   #6
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco4x4rar View Post
Go blow it out your ass. I like these wheels and Have run them on every rig I have ever owned with exception to the tacoma as I have simply not had the need for new wheels yet.
Don't worry about it, some of these guys are into the black rims and/or the bedliner or undercoat sprayed look which i personally think looks hillbilly or like inter-city 'someone stole my good rims'.

I had rims similar to the ones you show on my 87' and 2000 x-cab with 31x10.5s. Got a ton of compliments from people with all of their teeth.

I just sold my old high mileage ones to a guy with a 2004 lifted TRD xtra cab and they look great on his. They were 15's, otherwise i would have kept them for winter rims for my 09'.

They are also among the rims i am considering for the 09' in the spring.

I'd like to see them on an 05'+ before i would go that route.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:39 AM   #7
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjohnson36 View Post
x2

It's not a trans am with a foot print gas pedal yo.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:04 AM   #8
Fiveo will become famous soon enough
Fiveo's Tacoma Gallery
JJK - - If you like the wheels and you have had good luck with them, then there is no reason you should not get them again. Your truck, your choice, as it should be. However, they are a little "dated" in that the particular style of the wheel has been around for quite a while, much like those chromed steel wheels with the holes punched out (believe also made by American Racing), and there are newer wheels that would look better on your truck.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:06 AM   #9
Rudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shedRudbwoy7s is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rudbwoy7s's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveo View Post
JJK - - If you like the wheels and you have had good luck with them, then there is no reason you should not get them again. Your truck, your choice, as it should be. However, they are a little "dated" in that the particular style of the wheel has been around for quite a while, much like those chromed steel wheels with the holes punched out (believe also made by American Racing), and there are newer wheels that would look better on your truck.
very well put. im just an @$$hole and I like to give people a hard time.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #10
newfie8 has much to be proud ofnewfie8 has much to be proud ofnewfie8 has much to be proud ofnewfie8 has much to be proud ofnewfie8 has much to be proud ofnewfie8 has much to be proud ofnewfie8 has much to be proud ofnewfie8 has much to be proud of

newfie8's Tacoma Gallery
Buddy of mine bought these rims for his Tacoma they were the polished aluminum rims, He ran 265s on them and had them on for 2 months and had to take them off the truck was shuttering to pieces so he thought he bursted a belt in one of his tires but he brought the rims back to the place he bought them and the guy put them on the balancing machine and ALL the rims were totally fucked!! The guy said he never seen it before and they told him they can't do a thing for him only send the rims back to American racing and see what happens.