Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

ordered the new tires today

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2008, 08:18 AM   #1
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
ordered the new tires today

i saw that one of my state tax refunds went into my account today, so i ordered my tires. i got them off ebay for $450 shipped. they are the bfg mud-terrain to km's in LT255/75/17. So i'll be jumping from the like 30.6 stockies to 32.2. and losing the half in in width didnt seem to make much of a difference to me. and i ordered some black shock boots for the rear and i'll be picking up a 1" block for the rear too. its x-mas!!! lol
Old 02-12-2008, 10:02 AM   #2
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Congratulations. I can't wait to see picks of those things on there...
Old 02-12-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
didn't you have the Nitto's on ? maybe the pix are old but I thought they were doing good ?
Old 02-12-2008, 02:58 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

no nitto's on here...still rolling the stock duelers...i was thinking about getting the terra grapplers, but i think the bfg's will do a lil better on the trails and off the road
Old 02-12-2008, 03:17 PM   #5
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My bad, but to the tires, I couldn't agree more, the bfg's are the tire of choice.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:33 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator

oh...and i ordered the black lugs from wheelersoffroad.com to finish off the truck....nothing else visible on it will be any other color than black...lol
Old 02-13-2008, 08:48 AM   #7
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
sounds cool hodge! the tires are used i assume?
Old 02-13-2008, 08:54 AM   #8
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
oh...and i ordered the black lugs from wheelersoffroad.com to finish off the truck....nothing else visible on it will be any other color than black...lol
What about the headlight reflectors? You really need to do something about that.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:39 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
What about the headlight reflectors? You really need to do something about that.
those are gone from the BHLM....
Old 02-13-2008, 01:40 PM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
sounds cool hodge! the tires are used i assume?
nope...brand spankin new w/ the stickers on em. they are apparently closing out all the 255/75/17's and not making them anymore. if i had the space to store them and them not dry rot, i'd buy another set. i did see on tirerack reviews though, that people were getting over 100k miles w/ those tires.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:29 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator

these arent tires, but another thing i got to order today.....and then i'll be doing reid's armrest mods to match

seat covers
Old 02-14-2008, 08:23 AM   #12
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
nope...brand spankin new w/ the stickers on em. they are apparently closing out all the 255/75/17's and not making them anymore. if i had the space to store them and them not dry rot, i'd buy another set. i did see on tirerack reviews though, that people were getting over 100k miles w/ those tires.
so you got new BFG's for 450 shiped!?!! do they have any AT's at that price or are they all mud terrains?
Old 02-14-2008, 02:25 PM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator

they were just m/t's. i looked in their ebay store and they didnt have any A/T's.

PS: I will have pics tomorrow of the new tires installed. i'm waiting to get my shock boots in before i put in the rear block....and waiting for the seat covers and lugs to get in to install them too.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:34 PM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator

well here are the pics of the new tires on the truck. still waiting to get the rear shock boots, block for the rear, seat covers, and lugs.
Attached Thumbnails
ordered the new tires today-100_0546.jpg   ordered the new tires today-100_0547.jpg   ordered the new tires today-100_0548.jpg  
Old 02-15-2008, 04:16 PM   #15

Tires and rims look great, so how loud are they ?
Old 02-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator

they've got a nice, loud hum to em....havent gotten them over 50 yet, but i'm guessing that the exhaust will still drown most, if not all, of the sound out.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:04 AM   #17

Very cool ! they look great, a damn site better than stock.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:54 AM   #18
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Very nice. Now you truck looks like it should have a name like "Night Crawler".
Old 02-16-2008, 11:51 AM   #19
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
How well will those Mud Terrains hold up on regular road conditions? This is where I am stuck as far as ordering tires. I have time to change my order but need to do it soon.

Here is my thread if you dont mind dropping your opinion. Thanks in advance.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ed-advice.html