1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'04 4runner wheels on '07 tacoma?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Luc@z, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Nov 1, 2009 at 6:53 AM
    Luc@z

Luc@z [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NKY
    Vehicle:
    07 SW DCSB SR5 4X4 Manual
    I found some 17" 04 4runner wheels on craigslist, and I'm wondering if they will work on my 07 Tacoma DC.

I searched around here and on google, and from what I can tell, they match the 17" Tacoma sport wheel measurements: 17x7.5, +30 offset, 6x5.5 bolt pattern. Since they match, I shouldn't experience any rubbing (with 265/65R17 tires) and I shouldn't run into any interference with the calipers, right?

I'm also interested if anyone has information that contradicts what I found in my searches. Thanks!

2. Nov 6, 2009 at 9:14 AM
    glwood6

glwood6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    03 XCab Prerunner
    Bilstein 4600 shocks.
    I noticed you didn't get any response on your inquiry...I am not the expert, but I did recently purchase a set of 4Runner wheels (although 16", not 17") and the seller assured me they fit a 2nd gen Tacoma with no problem. I don't see why the 17" wheels would be any different. I believe the 17" Sport wheels for the 2nd gen Tacoma and late model 4Runner are identical, but I am not absolutely positive on which year 4Runner wheels changed to the recent type... My .02

3. Nov 9, 2009 at 6:21 PM
    Luc@z

Luc@z [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    NKY
    Vehicle:
    07 SW DCSB SR5 4X4 Manual
    Thanks for the reply. As I looked into it, I began to suspect that the 17" 4runner wheels are the exact same as the 17" Tacoma sport wheels. Unfortunately, someone else had picked up the craigslist deal before I could jump on it.

Products Discussed in

To Top