Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

anyone have pics of 16inch stock wheels painted black with 285

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #1
taco?
MotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoXdoer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: emt/cal fire
Name: Nate
MotoXdoer's Tacoma Gallery
anyone have pics of 16inch stock wheels painted black with 285

i leaning towards a set of nitto terra grapplers 285/75/16d with black painted stockers 16's. dont know how that will look or whether I should just get new wheels. pics with 285 on stockers please
Old 11-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #3
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
wow looks really nice!
Old 11-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #6
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXdoer View Post
perfect. whats the weight difference between 285 terra grappler vs. 285 bfg km2? and gas mileage(deciding factor) thanks
Not sure about the weight difference. Probably about the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsquare View Post
Nice JD!
Thanks G
Old 06-08-2010, 06:29 PM   #7
Stock Work Truck, urgh...
subspd is on a distinguished road
subspd's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else have pics?
Old 06-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #8
snowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of lightsnowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of lightsnowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of lightsnowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of lightsnowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of light

snowmansgarage's Tacoma Gallery
This was right after I painted mine with Duplicolor's wheel paint. It comes out as a dark gunmetal which is very similar to the Hammerrite paint I have on my sliders. Sorry for the iPhone photo, I can't wait for the new one!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:39 PM   #9
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-09-2010, 06:55 AM   #10
subspd's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys looks really good. I ordered 1.25" wheel spacers and I figure I will go with 285's this fall. But wanted to get a better idea of what the wheels would look like painted. My debate now is if I should go with a really dark grey or black???

snowmansgarage you said it came out gunmetal? IS that the color on the can or was it black?

PS Can't wait to get the upgraded iphone either!
Old 06-09-2010, 07:01 AM   #11
Oh 'eah
crazybayman is on a distinguished road

crazybayman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXdoer View Post
perfect. whats the weight difference between 285 terra grappler vs. 285 bfg km2? and gas mileage(deciding factor) thanks
You should be able to find that at www.tirerack.com. Check each tire's specification table.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:16 AM   #12
subspd's Tacoma Gallery
What do you guys do with the balance weights when you paint the wheels?
Old 06-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #13
4x4gredo is on a distinguished road

Name: jason
4x4gredo's Tacoma Gallery
is the 285's with factory ride or lift if so how much,and you guys trucks look great painted you have made my mind up for sure to paint
Old 06-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #14
subspd's Tacoma Gallery
Ignore my above post about the weights figured it out. However I think I may go with a more gunmetel grey color than straight black. Anyone done this before?
Old 06-09-2010, 09:32 PM   #16
♥ Emergency Medicine
m0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: B.S, NREMT
m0nster986's Tacoma Gallery
Wow they look better than I expected. Might be convinced on painting mine now...
Old 06-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #17
99TRD is on a distinguished road

Navy:
99TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I've thought long and hard about doing this. I purchased the hammered black but am not entirely sure I will like it on a radiant red truck. I would be interested in the gunmetal color. Which brand would you use and would you used the self etching primer first?
Old 06-11-2010, 07:09 AM   #18
MadeInMaine
MadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadeInMaine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Owen
MadeInMaine's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MadeInMaine
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmansgarage View Post
this was right after i painted mine with duplicolor's wheel paint. It comes out as a dark gunmetal which is very similar to the hammerrite paint i have on my sliders. Sorry for the iphone photo, i can't wait for the new one!!!

new iphone june 24
hell yeh!!!!!
Old 06-11-2010, 07:28 AM   #19
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
I thought that 285s couldn't fit with stock wheels because the tires would rub against the UCAs, no?