LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Nitto Terra Grappler AT

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
Fmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud of

Name: David
Fmsvandal's Tacoma Gallery
Nitto Terra Grappler AT

Anybody have these tires? If so, what do you think about them?
Old 11-06-2009, 06:32 PM   #2
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
No!
Old 11-06-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Kidding, tons of people have them. Use the search bar. You'll find plenty results.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I have run them on quite a few vehicles with great results. However, There are a few guys (oakleyTRD and Scottcrumley) who have had poor results with them.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:40 PM   #6
Fmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud of

Name: David
Fmsvandal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I have run them on quite a few vehicles with great results. However, There are a few guys (oakleyTRD and Scottcrumley) who have had poor results with them.

you know "poor" results they had?
Old 11-06-2009, 06:48 PM   #7
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmsvandal View Post
you know "poor" results they had?
They wore poorly. For example, Scottcrumley has 28K miles on his, and they are at 3/32's of tread. However, I have 37k miles on them and still have 7/32" tread, and another guy out here has 20k miles, and 14/32" on his....Only issue I have ever heard from these tires, is what OakleyTRD and Scottcrumley have had. Another thing to note, Scott e-mailed Nitto about his wear issue, and they have yet to respond.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #8
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
the GF's dad has the 10ply version on his f350...they have been ok, but wore really quick, he only got about 37k out of them. They are getting replaced tomorrow actually.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-06-2009, 08:18 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
ive had my set on for about a month maybe...

no real test of them yet...however they stick to the road in wet conditions better than my work car's tires
Old 11-06-2009, 08:29 PM   #11
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
I have them on my truck. I've only had them for about a month so I can't judge their treadlife. They are pretty quiet for an AT tire though. They work well in the rain. I am looking forward to our first big snow.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:30 PM   #12
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoppas View Post
i have them on my truck. I've only had them for about a month so i can't judge their treadlife. They are pretty quiet for an at tire though. They work well in the rain. I am looking forward to our first big snow.

tits!
Old 11-06-2009, 08:42 PM   #13
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
tits!
Can't get enough of em
Old 11-06-2009, 08:47 PM   #14
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i've had mine since may and no issues. maybe its the size or something, but these tires aret all that quiet to me. i was running BFG mt's daily before these and they werent too much louder
Old 11-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #15
Faskev is just really niceFaskev is just really niceFaskev is just really niceFaskev is just really nice
Faskev's Tacoma Gallery
I have ran Terra Grapplers and now Cooper Zeon LTZ's and honestly the Coopers perform equally if not better and have a more aggressive look as well as being less money.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #16
RobbieB is on a distinguished road
Name: Robbie
RobbieB's Tacoma Gallery
will never buy them again

had them on a f150 had 18000 miles on them when i got rid of them and they was about wore out street driven only very soft compound.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:52 PM   #17
Jmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJmartin89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Scout
Name: James
Jmartin89's Tacoma Gallery
they are terrible off road my friend had them on his Z71 he was stuck all the time and it was funny to watch him try and go down a dirt road when it was raining
Old 11-07-2009, 04:45 AM   #18
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
I love them!!!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...-graplers.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...-grappler.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...grapplers.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...-grappler.html

Just a few to get you started, there are many threads about these tires and these ones have the most responses...just start searching and reading.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:26 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
they dont just plug with mud, they cake it on, mud was probably 2" thick all over

Edit: I was running 285/60/18s
Umm....they are not a Mud tire. They do better in mud than other AT's though.