Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

mud flap modification

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2008, 12:33 PM   #1
orangebutte will become famous soon enough
orangebutte's Tacoma Gallery
mud flap modification

I don't intend to lift my truck anytime in the near future. As a result, when I'm out in the desert, I can hear the mud flaps scrape against rocks, etc. I modified them to alleviate most of the issues:
. used construction paper and taped it to the interior of the flap; paper will extend beneath the bottom of the flap
. used a marker to trace the outline of the bottom of the flap
. cut out the pattern
. place the pattern on the exterior of the flap and measure upwards how much you want to trim off
. I took 3" off each flap
. trace the outline of the pattern ( curvature of the bottom of the flap) with a marker on the flap
. I used a Dremel with a cut-off disc to cut the flap along the curvature pattern
. afterwards I smoothed it out with a Dremel brush bit
. I parked my truck on ramps to make it a little easier
Old 02-17-2008, 02:08 PM   #3
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking that too...let's get some pics!
Old 02-17-2008, 02:28 PM   #4
orangebutte will become famous soon enough
orangebutte's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a Tacoma instead of a digital camera! Maybe that will be my next purchase. Priorities you know! My daughter will have to teach me how to use it.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:57 PM   #5
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
I bet you know someone that has a camera or even a cell phone with a camera built in.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:29 PM   #6
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I kind of feel it's a rite of passage to wear them out... to each there own