Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What cheap black alloys/steel wheels for the 08 W/O issues?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2008, 05:05 AM   #1
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
What cheap black alloys/steel wheels for the 08 W/O issues?

I hear of complex wheel stuff I don't want or need to learn or understand like back spacing, offset, about the width, lug centric and hub centric, etc, etc, etc.

I just want a suggestion for a cheap black wheel for the 2008 Toyota Tacoma TRD Prerunner that will just fit in and have no issues. Steel or alloy.

Staying stock tire size.

I'd appreciate a suggestion for the brand and model.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:07 AM   #2
NOMAD
ANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the rough

ANDYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post
I hear of complex wheel stuff I don't want or need to learn or understand like back spacing, offset, about the width, lug centric and hub centric, etc, etc, etc.

I just want a suggestion for a cheap black wheel for the 2008 Toyota Tacoma TRD Prerunner that will just fit in and have no issues. Steel or alloy.

Staying stock tire size.

I'd appreciate a suggestion for the brand and model.
get a hold of the dealer and buy some spares or maybe get them off the internet "cheap black steel wheels"
Old 02-18-2008, 05:58 AM   #3
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
May I recommend these...

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm

I will be buying a set once I get a 4x4.

Old 02-18-2008, 06:17 AM   #4
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
May I recommend these...

They have alloys available too. The alloys are made by Procomp. The only catch is shipping. I emailed them about shipping to western PA and the estimate was $109 for wheels, lug nuts, and center caps.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:21 PM   #5
Big Guns is on a distinguished road
Big Guns's Tacoma Gallery
yeah but at $60-$70 a wheel or whatever it is, its worth it IMO.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #6
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
just paint what you have. i believe 1 of the carolina boys has painted his and they look good
Old 02-23-2008, 02:45 PM   #7
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I bought a set with tires off craigslist, already painted, I'm happy. They were from Toyota so said the original owner.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:08 PM   #8
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
May I recommend these...

how muchwould the extra weight from those affect the mileage?
Old 02-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
just paint what you have. i believe 1 of the carolina boys has painted his and they look good
that be me....the paint on mine held up perfect until i got the new tires put on...so i've got to fix em back up....then w/ the new black lugs on there, the stock ones have a wide base, so they scratched the inside up more than the new ones will cover....so i'm taking them all back off and redoing them. and i'll try adding a few coats of clear this time and see how they look