Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

NTB quoted me...

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-15-2009, 12:20 PM   #1
jcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud of
jcayce's Tacoma Gallery
NTB quoted me...

$60.00 per tire to swap my tires with 1500 miles to new rims (FJ SE 6 spoke rims on the way). They said it was 20 dollars for the balancing and 40 dollars to 'rebuild' the TPMS sensor when they swap them. New 10 ply/Load E (all they sell) BFG All Terrains were 196 each, not installed.

Do I have sucker plastered across my forehead? I can buy brand new sensors for less than 40 dollars on ebay. They already have the rim off, how difficult is it to pull the sensor and tranplant it?

I'm in San Antonio if someone can recommend a decent/reputable tire shop.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:35 PM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, there is no "rebuilding" them.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
jcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud of
jcayce's Tacoma Gallery
I called and asked. The same person I spoke to in the store said that if it was the band type TPMS that it would be 80 dollars to transplant, if it was the valve type, they use a rebuild kit with o-rings,etc. Sounds like snake-oil to me. I just want a reputable shop that is not going to dick me around OR mar up the rims. Looking for suggestions.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:51 PM   #5
ruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud ofruppmeister has much to be proud of

Army:
ruppmeister's Tacoma Gallery
I say hit up tirerack.com for some shops to do the install. I have yet to hear of anyone that has had a problem with this approach.

Good luck.
Old 11-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #6
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
Your wheels are not old enough to need rebuilding. I swapped mine out at 2 years old and that was a year ago. I still do not have problems. This is the same type of place that also charges you $15 to push the black button and reset the TPMS. All they have to do it take off the old ones and reinstall. I hate shops that try to F%$# people!
Old 11-15-2009, 12:56 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i went to a local place and they charged me $120 to remove the TPMS from my stockers, take tires off the new rims, put the TPMS and new tires on the new rims, and balance the 4 new rims