Bridgestone Revo 2 or BFG All-Terrain KO

View Poll Results: Which one?
BFG All-Terrain T/A KO 60 52.63%
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2 55 48.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-18-2009, 08:35 AM   #1
I'm a TW addict!
BIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to behold

Name: Luke
BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
Bridgestone Revo 2 or BFG All-Terrain KO

So winter is approaching fast and I'm in need of new tires. I've checked out both tires mentioned in the title and I'm torn between them. I can get the Revos for a little less than 700 installed and balanced and I can get the BFGs for a little lass than 800 installed and balanced. I don't know which to go with. I mainly drive on-road maybe %15 of off-road driving in a year. The winters get pretty bad in the Chicago area. What do you guys think I should go with? I don't have a lift and would be going with the 265/70/16 unless I can fit a little bigger. Different tire recommendations are welcome.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:40 AM   #3
I'm a TW addict!
BIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to beholdBIGLuke is a splendid one to behold

BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
For the cash, jump up to 275s
Yeah I was thinking about doing that, just didn't want to mess anything up.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #4
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
I voted Bridgestone duelers because you can pick them up in a p rating. Lighter tire means less rotational mass(better gas mileage). Revo's look a lot beefier in person as well.

As for the poll, BFG are gonna win because that's what most people on TW run with. I've had them and they are good, just to heavy for my liking.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:43 AM   #5
I'm a TW addict!

BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
I voted Bridgestone duelers because you can pick them up in a p rating. Lighter tire means less rotational mass(better gas mileage). Revo's look a lot beefier in person as well.

As for the poll, BFG are gonna win because that's what most people on TW run with. I've had them and they are good, just to heavy for my liking.
Well after checking both of them out I was leaning more towards the Revos, but wanted to get more advice from you guys. I do think the BFGs look meaner though. What is the p rating? Thanks for your input.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:15 AM   #7
I'm a TW addict!

BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
p is passenger, gona weigh less so >mpg
Thank you! What p rating should I go with if I get them?
Old 11-18-2009, 09:15 AM   #8
I'm a TW addict!

BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
anyone else wanna chime in?
Old 11-18-2009, 09:17 AM   #9
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
im voting revo 2's for the fact they are rated better in almost every topic on tirerack.com compared to the bfg's and they are just a better tire IMO

btw hows the hooters lady doing????
Old 11-18-2009, 09:21 AM   #10
I'm a TW addict!

BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoraman2514 View Post
im voting revo 2's for the fact they are rated better in almost every topic on tirerack.com compared to the bfg's and they are just a better tire IMO

btw hows the hooters lady doing????
Thanks! I'm leaning more and more to the revo 2s AS to the hooters chick I have no idea, Haven't been there since the last time and not sure when I'll go again.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #11
I pull Tacomas' around for a living.
Jon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan (Jon)
Jon4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Jon4x4
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ler+A%2FT+RH-S

i have those in 32x11.50 on my ranger and i love them. those are small tires so it looks like they aren't very good. but i love them
Old 11-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #12
MBIGBLUE is on a distinguished road

MBIGBLUE's Tacoma Gallery
I just purchased the revo 2 a week ago (265/65/17). They are very aggresive looking and handle awesome (rain). I am getting better gas mileage than with the old Dunlaps that were on it.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #13
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
BFG A/T all day i wont buy any other tire other than BFG
Old 11-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #14
I'm a TW addict!

BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBIGBLUE View Post
I just purchased the revo 2 a week ago (265/65/17). They are very aggresive looking and handle awesome (rain). I am getting better gas mileage than with the old Dunlaps that were on it.
Thank you. I wonder if they would get better mpg than the stock BGFs...
Old 11-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #15
I'm a TW addict!

BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
BFG A/T all day i wont buy any other tire other than BFG
Thank you. I do like the appearance of the BFG KO but I didn't like the way the stock BFGs handled in snow and rain
Old 11-18-2009, 11:38 AM   #16
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Both are GREAT tires, but I'm a BFG guy.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:40 AM   #17
I'm a TW addict!

BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
LOL so you pay more for the same
Old 11-18-2009, 11:41 AM   #18
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I've got a pretty decent hook-up.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:50 AM   #19
I'm a TW addict!

BIGLuke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
I've got a pretty decent hook-up.
Well hook a brotha up then
Old 11-18-2009, 11:53 AM   #20

I wish I could!!!

Products Discussed in this Thread