Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Back tires ripping/solution?

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-18-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
Back tires ripping/solution?

so i have general grabber at2's and the back ones have been wearing down so much im not really sure why because they're only at about 31psi and i dont drive it hard on asphalt that much.

there is rips on both sides starting in the middle all around the tire. how much longer can i go on these?

because i was going to wait to get 33's but dont really have the money right now. and i do not want to get 31's again to prolong my waiting for 33's.

so is there anyway besides getting new tires taht this can be fixed?
Attached Thumbnails
Back tires ripping/solution?-dsc00686.jpg  
Old 11-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
ok.

well 285/70/r17 would fit right? if i went 33's
Old 11-18-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
worn out in the center tells me the PSI was too high to begin with
Old 11-18-2009, 07:07 PM   #6
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
ok i will make sure thats different when i get new ones. but i thought 30 was alright : /
Old 11-18-2009, 07:08 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Those look shot. Completely.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:08 PM   #8
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
worn out in the center tells me the PSI was too high to begin with
x2. Maybe you recently adjusted it but it was high before?
Old 11-18-2009, 07:10 PM   #10
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
x2. Maybe you recently adjusted it but it was high before?
no they have been 31ish and lower ever since i got them.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:11 PM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-18-2009, 07:12 PM   #12
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
I like to run just below 40. Most run at 35 I think.
. Discount tire set mine @ 29psi and I leftem there. Hmmm....maybe thats contributing to 13.5mpg
Old 11-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #15
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
How many miles do you have on them? I have heard stories that General Tires are not good tires, when I was looking at purchasing the AT2, I was told to stay away from them. IMO you should get some BFGs.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:17 PM   #16
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
How many miles do you have on them? I have heard stories that General Tires are not good tires, when I was looking at purchasing the AT2, I was told to stay away from them. IMO you should get some BFGs.
i only got 13k on the whole truck : /

does anybody know if these will fit?

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....wd%20Prerunner

285/70/r17

or should i go 285/75 becuase when i change to 75 nothing comes up.

im a nub at this : /
Old 11-18-2009, 08:04 PM   #17
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Oh you got the same. hmm thats a little low imo.
did you do the chalk test?
Old 11-19-2009, 04:25 AM   #19
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
I have my grabbers set to 38psi. Do you do rotations often?
Old 11-19-2009, 06:35 AM   #20
copernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the roughcopernicus is a jewel in the rough

copernicus's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely looks like over inflation.

If not, then it's bad tire build. Are all of them like that?

Products Discussed in this Thread