1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any suggestions for Tires and Wheels?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Hooters69, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Nov 19, 2009 at 9:07 AM
    Hooters69

Hooters69 [OP] Carolina Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Morganton, NC
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma SR5 TRD 4x4
    6" Stage ll Pro Comp lift 35x12.5x20 Nitto Trail Grappler Tires 20" black Ultra Goliath Wheels and more.
    I have a 05 4x4 tacoma, i just purchased a 3" tuff country suspension lift for, i was wondering what is a good tire that will make it look tough but still a road worthy tire. I was looking at the Nitto Mud Grapplers, im afraid thats too much for just the 3" lift, but they do look pretty sweet. Do yall think that a 32x10.50 mud grappler would look stupid with a 3" lift? My truck is stock silver color, and im thinking maybe getting some black ultra guliath wheels, would black on silver look good from everyones experiance with looking at it in person? Thanks alot for any responses

2. Nov 19, 2009 at 9:10 AM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    Silver with black wheels would look great! Delmarva has a set of FJ Special edition wheels in Charcoal for sale in the buy/Sell/Trade section.

3. Nov 19, 2009 at 9:10 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    I've not heard good things from people about the Nitto's plus they are really expensive!

My dad has a set of Cooper Discover STT that have about 19K miles on them and still look new. I've found them for about $160 a tire on a couple of website. I plan on getting some of the Discover ST in 265/75/16 when I get the money.

4. Nov 19, 2009 at 9:18 AM
    NWtacoma

NWtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kent,WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4x4
    265/70/17 bfg AT
    bfg>* all tires

Products Discussed in

To Top