Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What is the best tire size?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2008, 01:45 PM   #1
gump is on a distinguished road
gump's Tacoma Gallery
What is the best tire size?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew what the biggest tire size is that will fit on a stock 07 v6 4x4. I was looking at the 31 X 11.50 I think they may rub. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 02-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
what wheels are you running, stock or aftermarket? the wheel's offset will play a role in what you can and cant run.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:41 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
general consensus is 265/75/16
Old 02-26-2008, 08:07 PM   #4
08_TACO_offroad is on a distinguished road

Name: Jacob
08_TACO_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 08_TACO_offroad
Smile

i have 265/70/17's on mine and i had to cut a little plastic off the fenderwells, i also had to take my front mud flaps off. Not sure if that is for you or not though.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:11 AM   #5
gump's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
what wheels are you running, stock or aftermarket? the wheel's offset will play a role in what you can and cant run.
I have stock wheels right now but plan to get some wheels when i get the tires Im not to worried about the hight of the wheel I just want them to stick out past the fender wells a little to give it a little meaner type look. I would like to run maybe a 8 or 9 inch wide rim but im pretty sure it has to be 17 inches tall to fit over the break calipers. I have some 15x8 inch rims they wouldnt fit over the calipers. I like the mickey thompson classic II becuase they stick out. The lugs are resessed in the rim a little. I just dont want to waste money on something that wont work.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
the offset will play a big part in the fitment when going to an aftermarket wheel. i have 17x9's with a small additional offset and 265-70-R17 Cooper's and at stock height they would rub the front mudflaps, to the point of me needing to take them off until i got my lift on. With the mudflaps off they would still rub slightly on the inside of the fender at about 1/2 turn but not so much that it couldnt be fixed with my dremel if i wanted. Basically, its up to you with what you want to do: fit 265's and trim a little off, or stay smaller and not worry about it. I will mention that with 265's the fenders are quite full at stock height when looking at the truck from the side, too.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:58 PM   #7
gump's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you very much i appreciate your help.