1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Konig Countersteer 17" & TPMS

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by ikataco, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Jan 15, 2011 at 7:26 PM
    vermintrex

vermintrex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT Shorty
    BFG A/T KO 265/70/17, '11 FJ wheels, 5100's all four corners, Eibach springs, 1/4" Taco lean spacer, Leer 100XR, WeatherTech liners, trimmed mud flaps and I farted in it.
    I've got the Type X on my truck, definitely NOT 4.5 inch backspacing, more like 4". I've got 265/70/17's on them and they rub like a mother****er.

Yes, the TPMS sensors fit fine, but if you've got larger tires then 265/65/17 you are gonna have to trim for sure, or lift it. I'm gonna try lifting first, then I might still have to trim.

2. Jan 16, 2011 at 10:38 AM
    vermintrex

Member:
    Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT Shorty
    BFG A/T KO 265/70/17, '11 FJ wheels, 5100's all four corners, Eibach springs, 1/4" Taco lean spacer, Leer 100XR, WeatherTech liners, trimmed mud flaps and I farted in it.
    20 lbs on a bathroom scale :D

4" backspacing, 10mm offset, 8" wide

3. Jan 16, 2011 at 11:02 AM
    airbornekat

airbornekat Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '09 Magnetic Grey Tacoma SR5 4x4
    Nice. I have a 6" Pro Comp Lift kit, that I'm waiting to install. I need to get some 17" wheel and tires first so I can have it all done at once. I really like the look of the Konig CounterSteers Offroad Bronze, but heard they don't make it in a 17". I havent seen any pics of the Type X, I'm hoping they have the nice curved lobes on the 6 spokes and not just flat spokes inside a rim. I need a tire with between 4.0 and 4.65 backspacing for the 6" lift.

4. Jan 16, 2011 at 12:30 PM
    vermintrex

Member:
    Vancouver
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT Shorty
    Different design, more angular spokes than the 16", flat black and bronze. JLB Motorsports is the only distributor.

http://img36.imageshack.us/i/img8422j.jpg/sr=1

5. Jan 16, 2011 at 4:07 PM
    Tbird

Tbird Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Santa Teresa, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 4X4 TRD Sport Access cab (white)
    ICON Ext.trav coilovers, rear ICON w/res. TC UCAs. All-pro 3" leafpac & U-bolt flip kit. Konig Countersteer offroad wheels. Goodyear Durtracs 260/75/16. Blacked-out badging, BHLM, Extra D-rings, Satoshi grill, SockMonkey "All Terrain" decals, Avid Off-road light bar and rock rails, Wet Okey seat covers. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. GROM ipod interface.
    The 16" is the Countersteer Offroad...the spokes of the rim are bowed out.
    The 17" is a different style. Still has the same spokes...but they are flat.
    IMHO...not a nice a design as the offroad.

Do an image search on google and you'll see both rims.

6. Jan 17, 2011 at 7:04 AM
    airbornekat

airbornekat Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    I think I will look for a different brand of tire. I only like the look of the CounterSteer Offraods. Someone was saying JLB went out of business. I guess that would squash any guaranteed warranty on the rims. Black Rock has a descent looking Offroad Tungsten color rim. Looks like there sold by Discount tire too so that would be better for warrantys and tire fixes.

black rock viper.jpg

7. Jan 17, 2011 at 7:16 AM
    airbornekat

airbornekat Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    I am going to try and call JLB today to get more info. As always all the help I received is greatly appreciated. I will be sure to post pics once all is done, to help other people who are looking to see what a certain type of wheel will look on a truck with a lift. I was really liking the looks of the Konig CounterSteer Offroads Bronze. I wonder if anyone else makes a similar looking wheel??? Time to google.

Products Discussed in

To Top