1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Steering Wheel

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by supremetaco2, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Dec 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM
    supremetaco2

supremetaco2 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    concrete jungle, oahu
    Vehicle:
    04inacoma
    +hp, lifted, lights, dif breather mod, debadged, shorty antenna...
    1st problem: Okay something is definitely wrong with my steering wheel or the tires itself. When im driving down the road in a straight line, i have to keep the steering wheel a little bit turned to the right... not a whole lot... its weird, this happened right after i got my lift done... well it happened after i made a full turn to the right... idk
    2nd problem: when i was driving home today there was a puddle on the right, when i hit the puddle, my right wheel? or both wheels? suddenly jerked to the right, and i had to suddenly turn the steering wheel to the left or i would run up onto the sidewalk... man i seriously thought i was gonna crash :eek:

2. Dec 3, 2009 at 10:40 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    1st problem: did you get an alignment after the lift.

2nd: must have been one hell of a pothole :eek:

3. Dec 3, 2009 at 10:43 PM
    supremetaco2

Member:
    concrete jungle, oahu
    Vehicle:
    04inacoma
    no i didnt... damn i thought the offroad place would already do that? or do you mean that did i get it aligned by another shop after they put the tires on?

hmm maybe ur right, gotta check on that one piece of road... if it wasnt.. what would u think it would be?

4. Dec 3, 2009 at 10:46 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    ok with my experience, everytime i call and ask the price iv never been quoted with an alignment. i know some shops that go elsewhere and some that do it there.

what did you pay and what kinda lift did they install? it sounds to me though like alignment

5. Dec 3, 2009 at 10:49 PM
    supremetaco2

Member:
    concrete jungle, oahu
    Vehicle:
    04inacoma
    i think ur right they installed a 3" fabtech lift, coils in the front, blocks in the back, but now that im looking at the receipt, it only says mounting and balancing... shit

6. Dec 3, 2009 at 10:50 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    well there you go either go back to them or another alignment place and have them do it! congrats on the lift and such :thumbsup:

7. Dec 3, 2009 at 10:51 PM
    supremetaco2

Member:
    concrete jungle, oahu
    Vehicle:
    04inacoma
    thanks man appreciate the info, yeah most definitely gonna get them aligned

Products Discussed in

To Top