Notices

Got My New Rims, Tires And Lift

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-29-2008, 07:46 PM   #1
baldtaco is on a distinguished road

baldtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Got My New Rims, Tires And Lift

Hey Everyone,

Finally figured out how to post some pic's I think.

Anyway, I want to thank everyone on here who gave me insight, info & direction. All the help was greatly appreciated and greatly used. Good Looking Out.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Those look great. How much and where you get them from?

fyi to embed the pic in the post go to the large pic page in your gallery here (or in photobucket), right-click the photo, then if you're using firefox click Copy Image Location. If you're using Internet Explorer hit Properties then highlight the address part and hit Ctrl-C.

Then in your post here click the icon that says Insert Image (it's next to the link icon) and paste in the URL you copied. I will make a proper tutorial for this since it gets asked alot.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:13 PM   #3

Thanks TCBob,

As for the wheels I got them at Tomz Wheels and they were $824 shipping included. The lift straight from Toytec and the tires from Discount at $190 per. Now let me try your input advice.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:16 PM   #4

I tried.....it just posted the address.... what did I do wrong?
Old 02-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #5
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldtaco View Post
I tried.....it just posted the address.... what did I do wrong?
Sorry for photobucket go to your album then click the IMG code and just paste right into here.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #6

Old 02-29-2008, 08:27 PM   #7

Sweet.....thanks Bob
Old 02-29-2008, 08:44 PM   #8
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Congrats..

They look great. Very Curios, any tire Rub? We got same width but I'm running 285/75/16's.

Have fun with the new feeling ride.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:50 PM   #9

Hey roxspin,

I did have a very, very slight rub on full turn against that little plastic box thing in the fender well toward the front of the tire. I cut the bottom out of the box, then cut along the seems about 3" to 4". Then I folded each piece in on itself, drilled a hole through all 4 pieces and put a plastic molding fastner through the hole. Worked like a charm.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:40 PM   #10
JGUT will become famous soon enough
JGUT's Tacoma Gallery
Looks very nice. Is your's the 2wd Prerunner off-road package? That's what I have, (superwhite paint). Just recently upgraded the whole jbl audio system with a jensen headunit, two kicker 8" SL5's, two kicker amps.

Could you tell me what package you bought from toytech lifts? Thanks.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:31 AM   #11

Morning Jgut,

Yeah thats what I have....2wd prerunner off road...as for the lift here is the details is called the 3" lift coil kit with AAL's and here is the link http://www.toyteclifts.com/0507tacoc...07tacoliftkits check them out, no complanints here. By the way make sure you post pics of the system, Im leaning toward the stero being the next mod and I am always interested in what stuff is looking like and sounding like. Also let me know what kind of money you are spending if you don't mind. Kind of need to set budget goals for each mod. Take care
Old 03-08-2008, 04:36 AM   #12
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
What a sweet looking truck, you have good taste
Old 03-08-2008, 07:22 AM   #13
06tacoma is on a distinguished road

06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
They really good on your truck what color is your truck i dont think i have seen that color before
Old 03-08-2008, 08:17 AM   #14
NOMAD
ANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the roughANDYTACOMA is a jewel in the rough

ANDYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacoma View Post
They really good on your truck what color is your truck i dont think i have seen that color before
ive never seen that color before either but it totally looks bada$$
Old 03-11-2008, 06:38 PM   #15
rpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to behold

rpoint16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYTACOMA View Post

Never have seen that color in Phoenix. I like my 08 white, but that is SHARP!!! I would have probably got that one!

I had a 95 Taco w/ a metalic pewter. I wish they still had that color also.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:47 PM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacoma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDYTACOMA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpoint16 View Post
Never have seen that color in Phoenix. I like my 08 white, but that is SHARP!!! I would have probably got that one!

I had a 95 Taco w/ a metalic pewter. I wish they still had that color also.
its the desert sand mica...more of a goldish color. they are probably the most rare color on the new tacos
Old 03-11-2008, 06:50 PM   #17
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck
That color is Desert Sand Mica
Old 03-11-2008, 08:20 PM   #19

Sorry guys, I seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth at work. Got to put in the hours if you want to buy the toys.

Thanks JHodge for answering the color question. I looked at a lot of the colors but decided I really liked the Desert Sand Mica. Doesnt show the dirt to much, keeps a bit cooler and lets be honest, every other taco I see is silver. LOL

Thanks for all the comments guys.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:56 PM   #20
JGUT will become famous soon enough
JGUT's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Baldtaco, who did you have install the lift kit for you? I've been working on getting some estimates so far and most of them use different kits but I love the way the toytec lift looks so I'm probably leaning towards buying that and getting someone else to install it.

I will have pictures of the sound sytem soon. Just need to get around to actually doing it. I bought a lot of the stuff online, most of it on e-bay. Don't have an actual cost of how much I've spent since I did use some of the stuff from my trade in (honda civic 04). I do recommend getting the box off e-bay, a guy in Florida makes custom boxes and they come out perfect. His user name is supercrewsoundaudio.