* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #41
BrianIrwin24 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: FIREFIGHTER.
Name: Brian
BrianIrwin24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
this is key, those tires will rip the front flaps off and take your fender flares with them...

I took off the front mud flaps and trimmed the inner part of the front bumper. But, like I said if I take a turn too fast it rubs on the steel frame behind the tire and sometimes still on the inner part of the front bumper. Same in reverse with turns.

In my own opinion. It's worth it. I get stopped by people all the time at gas stations, street lights, driving by me, the mall, MacDonalds etc. etc. telling me they love my truck, what kind of tires/rims are those, what size, lift etc. etc.

All in all. I'm happy with the modifications I did to my truck. If I could change anything. I would've went with the 6 inch lift instead of the 3 inch I have on there now.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:41 PM   #42
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianIrwin24 View Post
No, I don't want to turn. I'll just drive straight up you ass.
As flattering as your proposal is , I regret to inform you , No Homo
Old 04-27-2012, 11:42 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
too much wheel. not enough tire.

33 inch tire, 20 inch rim. I think it's the perfect ratio.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:49 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
As flattering as your proposal is , I regret to inform you , No Homo

Do you plan on contributing anything to this discussion? Or are you just the pathetic type that starts shit in every forum?

Currently it's 11:18 A.M. on Saturday morning in Afghanistan. I'm at work. Protecting North America.

It's also 2:48 A.M. Saturday morning on the East Coast in the U.S. Why are you sitting on your computer starting shit with me? No friends? Go to bed, ***.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:02 AM   #45
Fear no fish
tuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud oftuckdaddy has much to be proud of

Name: Tucker
tuckdaddy's Tacoma Gallery
FTW!^
Thanks for your service! Tacoma looks great!
Old 04-28-2012, 12:55 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMAtose HI View Post
solid choice on the tires!!!!!

Man, is that your Tacoma? Bad to the bone.. How big is the lift?
Old 04-28-2012, 01:00 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMAtose HI View Post
solid choice on the tires!!!!!

what do you keep your tire pressure at?
Old 04-28-2012, 02:11 AM   #50
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I took off the front mud flaps and trimmed the inner part of the front bumper. But, like I said if I take a turn too fast it rubs on the steel frame behind the tire and sometimes still on the inner part of the front bumper. Same in reverse with turns.

In my own opinion. It's worth it. I get stopped by people all the time at gas stations, street lights, driving by me, the mall, MacDonalds etc. etc. telling me they love my truck, what kind of tires/rims are those, what size, lift etc. etc.

All in all. I'm happy with the modifications I did to my truck. If I could change anything. I would've went with the 6 inch lift instead of the 3 inch I have on there now.

oh yea definitely dude, it looks awesome! only reason i had said that is because just before reading your thread i read a thread of some other guy where he hit a curb and hit tire ripped the front mud flap and fender flare off of his truck. i would be so pissed if that happened to me! it definitely looks awesome, nice set up!
Old 04-28-2012, 05:08 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
lol, i respectfully disagree. 33" tire and 15" rim is far more bad ass and aggressive (and far better for any sort of off pavement use) than a donk rim...but to each their own as they always say.

What's a "Donk" rim? And why is the 33/15 inch set up better for pavement? I'm just curious. Not being a smart ass.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #52
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do you plan on contributing anything to this discussion? Or are you just the pathetic type that starts shit in every forum?

Currently it's 11:18 A.M. on Saturday morning in Afghanistan. I'm at work. Protecting North America.

It's also 2:48 A.M. Saturday morning on the East Coast in the U.S. Why are you sitting on your computer starting shit with me? No friends? Go to bed, ***.
BC is on the west coast

I made a joke in your thread
Old 04-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #53
COMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shedCOMAtose HI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

COMAtose HI's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Man, is that your Tacoma? Bad to the bone.. How big is the lift?
6" lift, but we got the same size tires. that was a waste of $1000 dollars!!! LOL
Old 04-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #54
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What's a "Donk" rim? And why is the 33/15 inch set up better for pavement? I'm just curious. Not being a smart ass.
when I see a 4x4 looking truck with big rims this is what I think of

A 33/15 wheel/tire ratio is not better or worse for driving on the road. For just driving on the road it's all the same (the bigger tire might give you better shock absorption, but i cant imagine its by that much). But that low profile m/t is terrible for off road use, and im one of the assholes that likes to use their truck off road so i am not a fan of the street look. Even if your truck only stays on the pavement I personally just think the big rim/small tire combo looks bad on a 4x4 looking truck, and that a small rim with a big wall of rubber just looks more mean. but again, the motto is "do what you want, its your truck" so if you like it that's all that matters.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #56
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
When I saw the fresh install photos I knew you couldn't turn 5 degrees without tearing off your front bumper. Also you are gonna rub even post cab mount chop. Like was said they dont fit. Fit implies no rubbing. Youd have to do some extreme cutting to get those to fit.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #58
teamCeltics
derekjames9 is on a distinguished road

Name: Derek
derekjames9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here you go boys. They fit, with some serious trimming...well worth it.
what size are your rims?
Old 05-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #59
1YOTA6
1YOTA6 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
1YOTA6's Tacoma Gallery
sorry i know old post but what kind of lift was this? i just installed 3inch ready lift, looking into wheel/tire packages and wondering how yours is holding up????
Old 05-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #60
thelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant future
Coast Guard: Marine Science Tech
Name: paul
thelivestone's Tacoma Gallery
I like the bigger rims man. good taste. them tires are loud as hell but that's what a radio is for.