Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What year TRD rims are compatible with TPMS sensors?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
ctimrun is on a distinguished road
ctimrun's Tacoma Gallery
What year TRD rims are compatible with TPMS sensors?

I just got a 2010 prerunner with the ugly steel wheels. I am looking to get a set of TRD Off Road wheels and was wondering what year wheels are compatible with the toyota TPMS sensors? (I know the ones in me steel wheels are different angle or whatever, so I am going to buy the proper sensors for the TRD wheels also)
Old 12-09-2009, 12:11 AM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
My 05 doesn't
Old 12-09-2009, 12:52 AM   #3
RAMZAK has a spectacular aura aboutRAMZAK has a spectacular aura about
Name: Mark
RAMZAK's Tacoma Gallery
I will sell you my 2008 TRD OFF ROAD Wheels, Brand new
Old 12-10-2009, 04:18 AM   #4
FoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoxySandChick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kristin
FoxySandChick's Tacoma Gallery
All 05-10 wheels should be compatible, isn't it just the valve stem that is different in the wheels with TPMS?

I mean 05's and 06's alloys are the same wheels correct?

Also you can use the sensors from the steel wheels and put them in the alloys, just take them to a reputable tire shop instead of the dealership. I had stock steel wheels and re-used the sensors on alloy wheels.