1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Michelin LTX® A/T2 ??????

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 04asphalt, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Mar 4, 2008 at 4:21 PM
    04asphalt

04asphalt [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    anyone running Michelin LTX® A/T2, heard anything about them?

2. Mar 6, 2008 at 2:41 PM
    04asphalt

04asphalt [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
  3. Mar 6, 2008 at 3:43 PM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    I'm not familiar with those tires but I will say in my experiance over the years Michelin tires have been great. They usually cost a bit more but perform well and outlast any comparable tire that I've seen. The Michelins on my last truck still had good tread after over 100,000 miles. (your milage may vary)

4. Mar 6, 2008 at 4:29 PM
    Mudbug

Mudbug Well-Known Member

Member:
    Amsoil 0w-20 engine oil and Amsoil Full synthetic 75w-90 in the Transmission, transfer case, front and rear Differentials. AFE Cold Air Intake
    I"ve got em! I like them. They have a little something to bite off road and are pretty quiet on road and they have good treadwear...only thing i have against them is they do seem a tad mushier cornering than the stock dunflops.

5. Jun 29, 2008 at 10:07 AM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    I replaced the stock tires on my '99 with the LTX M/S and loved them.

When the time comes on this truck it will be the LTX A/T2. Same reasons as above just a slightly more aggressive pattern for off road and snow. Still be a quiet 60,000 mile road tire.

Go to "Tirerack.com" and do some comparing. They weren't under 8.2 on any catagory and are 10# lighter and cost less $ than several others and #4 on the list overall as I recall.

6. Jun 29, 2008 at 10:33 AM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    My Moms Sequioa has LTX M/S on it (265/75). She just replaced the first set (tires for life) with 70K miles and still having plenty of tread left. They are good tires. They seem to handle some mud and sand pretty well and are great on the street. My Parents swear by Michelin tires.

7. Sep 4, 2008 at 9:00 AM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    I just put some on my '09 Taco. I had BFG AT's and Dueler AT Revo's on my 4Runner before, and the road noise was too much with both. Got great mileage on the Revo's (56k miles), but they were pretty scary to drive on last winter. I probably should have replaced them sooner. The AT2's are great so far. Smooth and quiet. I just hope that they do ok in the snow.

8. Dec 5, 2008 at 5:43 PM
    nojfoor

nojfoor Lifetime Member

Member:
    Brevard, N.C.
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma 4-Door long bed
    16" Stock Wheels
    Post some pics of your new 2009! Would like to see ur tires.

Products Discussed in

To Top