1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What M/Ts do you recomend???

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Sheepdog, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Jan 26, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    all.on.black

all.on.black Well-Known Member

Member:
    Auburn, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab Sport with a few mods
    I have had Toyo MTs, KM2s, and MTRs.

Toyo MTs are a great tire all around. I've been happy with them in most conditions. Only reason I don't have them now is because they are extremely heavy. Well built and nearly bullet proof.

KM2's are great in dry conditions. I wasn't too happy with them in sloppy mud or snow. They suck horribly on snow covered roads. They aren't too bad in the deep snow but I'd run a different tire. Great tire for someone in the dry climates.

The MTR's are what I have on now and I love this tire. It airs down really well and is excellent in the snow. I haven't had it in mud yet but I have had it in rocks and deep snow. I will most likely run this tire again in the future. The only down side is that this tire tends to flat spot over night. The first half mile in the morning is a little bumpy but it evens out after that.

2. Mar 3, 2011 at 3:57 PM
    N8iV Warrior

N8iV Warrior Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    Indian Reservation Not by Choice
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver Dble Cab Trd Sport 6" fabtech lift
    6" Fabtech lift, 34" tires , AFE Cold air intake, Cobra wxst75 cb, Rocky Mountain Radar, L.e.d Headlights, L.e.d maplights,dome light, license plate lights, Tinted frnt windows 35% to match rear windows. ARB bumper with XD-9000 Warn Winch, Pro-Tech HeadAche rack with Pro-Tech Toolbox, Icon Front Coilovers for 6" Fabtech lift, Blacked out Taillights PIAA plasma ION 520 Lights, AFE CAI Pro Dry S Filter, 22" Led light bar, Yakima Mega Warrior basket
    I have bf km 2s on my 87 yota and i have toyo m/ts on my 07 taco and i prefer the bf km 2's over the toyos if it was me i would get the km 2's better in mud snow and better pattern for traction and clean ouot well.

3. Mar 4, 2011 at 1:31 PM
    DevL

DevL Well-Known Member

Member:

Since you have extensive experience with Nitto and Toyo, what will be the trade offs of a Toyo M/T vs a Nitto Trail Grappler? I know both are heavy, but what would the differences be between them as far as performance in various conditions, noise, ride, and life?

Products Discussed in

To Top